[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First Draft O' The Season

DMD

Unless, you've had to remove some feet from the V of some contortionists - thereby causing the lisfranc injury in the first place.

You have a vivid imagination.

Thanks-Doc. Does that mean you won't be drafting him in HOT? :brow:

I'll never tell.

If Mathews were having a top 3 type fantasy season, there will be 8 in the box, quickly. That WR corp is not scaring anyone. He does not pass my eye test nor is he tuff enuff. If he were top 3, no way the chubby boy would have been allowed to vulture all of it. They will find another goalline option.

I've been on board the Mathews bandwagon since he was drafted by the Chargers. I view him as the RB3 behind Foster and Rice. This is going to be Mathews first full off season. As a rookie he missed a lot of time because of rules with school, then last year and the lockout. I read an article today about him and how happy he is to be able to use the team facilities and be on a plan that will help him achieve his goals. From the sound of it, he's focused and wants to take the next towards being elite. I like the pick.

I took Matthews at 1.8 in the Fantasy Index Mock Draft...was very happy to get him there...in round 2 I nabbed Hakeem Nicks as the 5th WR off the board...will let dmd decide if he wants to post the rest of my team or not.

Jamaal Charles is going to be a steal for someone this year. If he's dropping to the 3rd - 4th round, and judging by the 2 DMD drafts, that's great value. Word is that the rehab is going really well, and remember, he went down early in the season. Which means he'll have almost a full 12 months of rehab.

Edited by Chief Dick

If Mathews were having a top 3 type fantasy season, there will be 8 in the box, quickly. That WR corp is not scaring anyone. He does not pass my eye test nor is he tuff enuff. If he were top 3, no way the chubby boy would have been allowed to vulture all of it. They will find another goalline option.

LeRon McClain at this point.

Mathews value goes beyond rushing yards. He had over 50 receptions without being the 3rd down back for the first half of the season. If 1500 yards on an offense that was horrible last year doesn't pass the eye test, then I'd bet the issue is with your eyes, and not the player.

This post smells of someone who overdrafted Mathews his rookie year and is bitter.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Does the "Lisfranc" last through a player's career?

Matt Schaub had a Lisfranc injury last year also. Definitely bad news and typically follows a person for the rest of their life.

There's a ton of info in this Texans Talk thread if you're really interested in learning more, CloakNNNdagger is a legit source.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1829824&highlight=lisfranc#post1829824

No way I take Mathews at 3, that's ridiculous. Other picks I think are too high

Cam at 7

Welker at 9

Richardson at 14

And how has Peterson fallen so far?

Matt Schaub had a Lisfranc injury last year also. Definitely bad news and typically follows a person for the rest of their life.

There's a ton of info in this Texans Talk thread if you're really interested in learning more, CloakNNNdagger is a legit source.

http://www.texanstal...anc#post1829824

No way I take Mathews at 3, that's ridiculous. Other picks I think are too high

Cam at 7

Welker at 9

Richardson at 14

And how has Peterson fallen so far?

Newton was a monster. I see no issues with him being the QB2 off the board. I wouldn't, but I see why others would.

Welker in a non ppr put up 1600 yards and 9 TD's. Curious as to what you're expecting at that pick? After Foster, Rice and McCoy every running back has some kind of issue.

And Peterson more than likely won't be ready for week 1, despite what the media and Peterson is saying. His trainer has said as much. Peterson more than likely won't be the Peterson we all know for most, if not all of this year. A torn up ACL will do that to you.