[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brian Banks tryouts....

ajh2

seems improbable that he could make it at this point but i'll certainly be rooting for him.

I was thinking the same thing. Pretty large leap from being a blue chip High School player, to going Pro after 10 years of not playing at all. If by some chance he makes it, Hollywood will be beating down his door for the rights to his story.

I was thinking the same thing. Pretty large leap from being a blue chip High School player, to going Pro after 10 years of not playing at all. If by some chance he makes it, Hollywood will be beating down his door for the rights to his story.

The Saints could really use some positive PR these days, maybe they should give this guy a contract.

The Saints could really use some positive PR these days, maybe they should give this guy a contract.

The only positive PR the Saints need is a long-term contract for Drew Brees. The rest has already been pretty much forgotten by the media. I'd love to see the Saints give him a shot, but to be honest, he'd likely only be camp fodder for any team & I wouldn't want the Saints to look like the bad guy again when/if they have to dash his hopes and cut him.

I doubt he'll make an NFL team, but he's got a great attitude and I think he'll be okay. Life gives you strange blessings sometimes, and NFL careers often don't have happy endings. Maybe it's for the best.

I doubt he'll make an NFL team, but he's got a great attitude and I think he'll be okay. Life gives you strange blessings sometimes, and NFL careers often don't have happy endings. Maybe it's for the best.

Maybe the CFL would take him

He's been out of jail for 4+ years, right? Why is he just now getting tryout offers? Just because he's been exonerated this past week? Sounds a little Hollywood-esque to me....

Because as a convicted rapist who never played college ball, no NFL team would give him a chance. Now he's a falsely accused tragic figure with a heart o' gold. It's great PR for the teams giving him a tryout and they have nothing to lose.

Is scheduled to try out w/ SEA. WAS, KC, and MIA also called him.

Disgusting that the mom and daughter set him up so they could collect $1.5M in a settlement with the school district. I'm curious when they start their 5 years in prison?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Is scheduled to try out w/ SEA. WAS, KC, and MIA also called him.

Disgusting that the mom and daughter set him up so they could collect $1.5M in a settlement with the school district. I'm curious when they start their 5 years in prison?

Yeah, when will they prosecuted for their false statements? Forget getting the money back, according to a few things I read they spent it right away and the daughter has no assets, was on public assistance (her two kids still are).

He was on Jay Leno's show the other night (Tue/Wed) and said he was going to be in Seahawks camp and was thrilled to have gotten the opportunity. What a great guy, how he persevered through the ordeal. Some of the BS stuff that happened to him during it was amazing. For example the whole plea deal he was offered boiled down to

• a 3 month observation period to decide if he gets 1, 3 or 6 years in prison
  • OR...go to trial and face 41 years to life in prison

He was given 10 minutes to make that decision, and was not allowed to discuss it with his family. Then after being given 3 years and serving over a year, they were trying to extend it to 6 years. The woman who accused him sounds like a real POS and hopefully she will serve some time in jail for what she did.

He also mentioned that a documentary is in the works called the Brian Banks story.

He was on Jay Leno's show the other night (Tue/Wed) and said he was going to be in Seahawks camp and was thrilled to have gotten the opportunity. What a great guy, how he persevered through the ordeal. Some of the BS stuff that happened to him during it was amazing. For example the whole plea deal he was offered boiled down to

• a 3 month observation period to decide if he gets 1, 3 or 6 years in prison

• OR...go to trial and face 41 years to life in prison

He was given 10 minutes to make that decision, and was not allowed to discuss it with his family. Then after being given 3 years and serving over a year, they were trying to extend it to 6 years. The woman who accused him sounds like a real POS and hopefully she will serve some time in jail for what she did.

He also mentioned that a documentary is in the works called the Brian Banks story.

Do you know if he had an attorney present during the decision process? I heard on the news that his mother sold her house and her car to pay his legal fees.

Do you know if he had an attorney present during the decision process? I heard on the news that his mother sold her house and her car to pay his legal fees.

Not sure he wasn't that clear about it. It sounded like his attorney was there. Also not sure if he was still a minor then or not.

Yep, Jay talked about that (his mom selling stuff). He also mentioned a charity to donate to to help them out.

I'm sure the documentary will cover things in more detail.

He did talk some about how he caught the woman who lied, when she wanted to meet and talk to him and he had the converstation recorded. When she admitted he did nothing he took that to every attorney he could find until one helped him and had the case overturned. Keep in mind prior to that he was on probation, labeled as a sex offender, trouble finding work or a place to live. Not allowed to leave the state at all, required to ask permission to leave the county. He said it was almost worse than being in prison in some ways, at least there everybody has skeletons, but on the outside he was an outcast amongst "normal" people in society.

Great story. Leave it to AJ Smith to let the guy walk. We need all the special teams help we can get.

Is it that bad?? We're talking about a dude who played zero college ball and hasn't put on pads in 10 years. There are likely dozens of undrafted free agents who are light years ahead of Banks.

Is it that bad?? We're talking about a dude who played zero college ball and hasn't put on pads in 10 years. There are likely dozens of undrafted free agents who are light years ahead of Banks.

Not at all. Anytime I can put a spin on AJ Smith, justified or not, I'm all over it like fly's on CHIPS AHOY!.

Here is an update to today's practice:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?/topic/379253-brian-banks-tryouts/

This statement tells everything about his character:

"I was waiting for that," Banks said. "I don't want nobody to take it easy on me out here. I know I have a lot of work to do and if that's what's required, then definitely give it to me. I'm ready for it. I've heard of his coaching style. It wasn't until that day of the tryout that I was on the way up here with one of the scouting coaches and he was like, 'I want to let you know, coach Norton — he's no joke.' But you know what? I like that intensity. I like that style of coaching. If it's not right, tell me it's not right. And if it needs fixing, tell me it needs fixing and let's fix it together. We'll get it done. I appreciate it."

He is speaking on getting chew out for making errors by Ken Norton, Jr the LB coach during practice. To me, it shows this young man gets life and truly is thankful for getting a chance at his dream. I hope Seattle decides to sign him or, for that matter, any other team.