[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Harbaugh

kryptonite

This whole thing bothers me... Where is the integrity?

I really want to like Coach Harbaugh, but this stuff stinks.

Since when is a QB's psyche that fragile? I understand that it can be tough to have someone want your job, but heck, is not that most of us commoners?

Why would JH spend his integrity currency on Smith? Why back peddle now? Was not most of the NFL world ablaze with, "We want Peyton" frenzy?

If Smith is that mentally insecure, it is a matter of time before he has his Ryan Leaf moment...

http://blog.49ers.co...ing-evaluation/

http://www.thehuddle..._news.php#28792

Edited by kryptonite

I think he got busted trying to be cute. He was going to bring Manning in, parade him around, and then drop the "we would rather have Alex Smith" bomb. Get all the talk shows going, criticizing, calling him crazy. He gets to rally the guys together and say "they think we need Peyton" "they think we can't win" "they are doubting you guys" "we got within a crazy turnover from the SB without him" "us against the world" "no one believes in you" - admittedly some strong rhetoric and would get some guys fired up. It backfired though because Manning didn't even come in, so he couldn't pull off his little stunt.

I think he got busted trying to be cute. He was going to bring Manning in, parade him around, and then drop the "we would rather have Alex Smith" bomb. Get all the talk shows going, criticizing, calling him crazy. He gets to rally the guys together and say "they think we need Peyton" "they think we can't win" "they are doubting you guys" "we got within a crazy turnover from the SB without him" "us against the world" "no one believes in you" - admittedly some strong rhetoric and would get some guys fired up. It backfired though because Manning didn't even come in, so he couldn't pull off his little stunt.

I think you're reaching...

I think you're reaching...

I think this whole thread is reaching...

Look at it this way. Alex Smith had had, what 5 or 6 years with a new coordinator and/or coach every year, and now finally has a stable coach that's been able to play to the team's strengths and have soem success with him, and now he's gotta hear all about how they wished they could have had Manning?

I don't think it's an issue of him having a fragile psyche, but rather a long road with a lot of bumps down it, that by this point would have to be weighing on anyone's confidence after being caught up in the Manning circus. There was even recently some stupid tweet war, where Smith got thrown in the middle and one player said that he wouldn't have had a starting job after going 13-3 if Manning hadn't turned them down.

I think at this point Harbaugh just wants to move past it and reaffirm to everyone and in his locker-room that Smith is going to be their guy, (:cough: unless Kaepernick or this kid Josh Johnson I coached and love comes along :cough:). Maybe not the best way to handle it, since no one is really buying it, but unless you're the media, I don't see any reason to make a big deal out of it.

I think at this point Harbaugh just wants to move past it and reaffirm to everyone and in his locker-room that Smith is going to be their guy, (:cough: unless Kaepernick or this kid Josh Johnson I coached and love comes along :cough:). Maybe not the best way to handle it, since no one is really buying it, but unless you're the media, I don't see any reason to make a big deal out of it.

Other than the fact that if you're Alex Smith you've got to know that no matter how well you play & how many games the team wins, you'll still be unappreciated by your coach who will be looking for the first opportunity to send you packing.

Other than the fact that if you're Alex Smith you've got to know that no matter how well you play & how many games the team wins, you'll still be unappreciated by your coach who will be looking for the first opportunity to send you packing.

So use that and your millions of dollars as motivation to go out and prove everyone wrong. Manning is in Denver and you're still the guy, that should be all that matters.