[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Percy Harvin unhappy - requesting trade

Savage Beatings

This has been kind of slowly getting out... Percy Harvin is unhappy with the Vikings, and has now requested a trade. Most people seem to think he simply wants a new contract (he's on the 4th year of his 5 year rookie contract). Percy won't confirm this and seems to be implying that there are multiple issues which he won't discuss.

The Vikings are (of course) saying that they will not trade Harvin as he has requested.

Even though Harvin is a great talent that can produce, and even though the Vikings are not exactly deep at WR, I don't think he has a lot of leverage. He just can't stay on the field for a full season, and there are still other somewhat viable options out there (Braylon Edwards, Plaxico, etc.).

Even though Harvin is a great talent that can produce, and even though the Vikings are not exactly deep at WR, I don't think he has a lot of leverage. He just can't stay on the field for a full season, and there are still other somewhat viable options out there (Braylon Edwards, Plaxico, etc.).

He's missed 3 games in 3 years, and I think only 1 or 2 were because of migraines... He's more of a headache (pun intended) of not knowing if he's going to play or not (though he does appear to have gotten the migraine issue under control), but no, I don't think those other options are even in the same ballpark as Harvin. You just can't let guys like that walk.

He's missed 3 games in 3 years, and I think only 1 or 2 were because of migraines... He's more of a headache (pun intended) of not knowing if he's going to play or not (though he does appear to have gotten the migraine issue under control), but no, I don't think those other options are even in the same ballpark as Harvin. You just can't let guys like that walk.

I'm not saying the Vikings will let him walk because there are other options. The Vikings have already said they have no intention of trading Harvin away. I'm saying Harvin doesn't have as much leverage as he may think he has.

I'm not saying the Vikings will let him walk because there are other options. The Vikings have already said they have no intention of trading Harvin away. I'm saying Harvin doesn't have as much leverage as he may think he has.

I don't think any of the players have much leverage after the CBA, do they? I think now they can't accrue a season by sitting out until week 10.

The Wallace and Forte situations really seem to highlight how little leverage they have now.

Minneapolis, MN - When Vikings walkthrough began at 11:10AM, all eyes were fixed on the sidelines seeking out a purple jersey with the #12 plastered on the front. When news broke of Percy Harvin asking for a trade earlier Wednesday morning, the focus morphed from the on-field activities and quickly shifted into an all out Percy Harvin watch.

After 20 minutes with no sighting, Percy emerged from the Vikings weight room around 11:30AM alongside a handful of other players. After catching a few passes on the sidelines during special teams' work, Percy spent the rest of the hour long walk through observing from the sidelines while his teammates worked through offensive installation.

One of the speculative reasons behind Percy's malcontent has been questions surrounding his relationship with offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave. When asked today about his relationship with Percy, Bill flatly said that it was "outstanding."

"We're really excited that he's here this week," Musgrave added. "He's been engaged in meetings and we got him out there on the field a little bit yesterday...I'm not aware of the details or specifics [of Harvin's demands] but I know coach Frazier said yesterday that they'll continue to have good dialogue to resolve those issues."

Another potential reason leading to Percy's "unhappiness" was speculated to be his relationship with his teammates. While the rest of the team quickly darted into the locker room after practice ended, Adrian Peterson stepped up to the podium for a scheduled interview where he was asked his thoughts on Percy's situation.

"I haven't talked to Percy about it," Peterson said. "Whatever the issue is I'm sure they'll get things squared away."

When asked if he thought that Percy's situation created a distraction for the team during offseason training, Peterson said that it wasn't distracting but more "bothering" the team.

"We definitely don't want to lose this guy," Peterson exclaimed. "I'm sure the organization will do what it has to do to keep this guy around. If it was me, I would make sure that we kept him around, but we'll see."

Peterson said that he plans to talk to Percy and lend a helping hand in any way that he can.

"Ultimately grown men," Peterson added. "I'm sure he's going to do what his mind is set. I feel like personally everything will work out fine, everything will be OK."

It will be interesting to see how much Harvin participates in afternoon practice as the intensity is bumped up a little bit with real football situations. He took part in position drills yesterday but did not join in on team drills later in the afternoon.

Read more: http://www.kfan.com/pages/vikingsblog.html?article=10215668#ixzz1yMqQcDGa