[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You'll always be a Johnson to me...

Some of his antics were entertaining, but I've been embarrassed for him more often than not. He seems not quite right in the head and doesn't seem to realize that he often looks like a complete jackass. And as others have noted, all the Twittering, the reality shows etc. have been a costly distraction from football. Who knows, maybe he had the talent to be a HoF'er. Instead we'll remember him as a sideshow act who had a few big seasons but mostly underachieved.

:lol: We've got people defending COCJ because we're supposed to be a lot more sensitive when we watch football and another by calling anyone who doesn't like the look-at-me clown acts as based in irrational hatred. Coming next: The playing of the race card.

:lol: We've got people defending COCJ because we're supposed to be a lot more sensitive when we watch football and another by calling anyone who doesn't like the look-at-me clown acts as based in irrational hatred. Coming next: The playing of the race card.

And, apparently, one guy who still can't help but define everything that goes against his narrow, petty view in a manner convenient to him.

:lol: You do have big brass ones, det. I'll give you that.

Dude, just calling it how I see it.

My point that perhaps our wives might have something to say about whether or not we set the gold standard for what is and is not an appropriate level of emotional display turns into, "we need to be more sensitive when we watch football".

How is that not defining an opposing argument in terms convenient to you?

:lol:

Because you say so and you're the authority on the subject? I don't think so. I would have loved to have seen these obnoxious egomaniacs to have tried this kind of crap in the era of Butkus and Nitschke. Absolutely loved it.

I'd imagine Butkus and Nitschke would have ignored it rather than behave like self-absorbed clownish grandstanding baboons. Watching people ignore other people makes for compelling television for sure.

Edited by Clubfoothead

And I thought I would learn about football reading this thread, and instead it turned into philosophy 101. I've always thought of Chad as a man-child, very immature but fun loving as well. As far as him being self-absorbed, possibly, but I'm not sure because I try not to read too much about him. I am personally old school and don't care to see clowns celebrating to the degree they do nowadays, it takes away from the game. This is just my opinion.

In other words, lighten up Francis.

Dude, you're missing the point. I'm not the one saying how people should act, because I'm not claiming to be an authority on the matter. I'm chuckling at the notion that others do apparently claim authority on the matter because they dare to judge others for expressing themselves in a more grandiose manner than they do..

:whistle: