[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HBO's "Newsroom"

kpholmes

Enjoyed it, not sure they didn't blow their wad with that first episode, could be a show that can only go down from this point?

I enjoy Jeff Daniels as an actor and the Exec. Prod. and Exec Asst. are not bad to look at also. I'll be interested to see how the show develops.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be a much better show if it were more balanced. I like the idea behind the show, and for the most part the acting is pretty good. I just wish they would go after both sides instead of just conservatives. I can see where liberals would love it, I even liked it at first but now it looks like a well timed campaign by the Hollywood elite against conservatives. With some balance it would be a great show, it has some real potential, but if they continue down the current track, it is like Rush Limbaugh for liberals, only not as current.

It would be a much better show if it were more balanced. I like the idea behind the show, and for the most part the acting is pretty good. I just wish they would go after both sides instead of just conservatives. I can see where liberals would love it, I even liked it at first but now it looks like a well timed campaign by the Hollywood elite against conservatives. With some balance it would be a great show, it has some real potential, but if they continue down the current track, it is like Rush Limbaugh for liberals, only not as current.

Holy schilt--I agree with Perch. I think it is very good and the acting is good. However, what would make it a great show would be episodes that go after extreme liberal views as much as it has gone after the tea party.

Holy schilt--I agree with Perch. I think it is very good and the acting is good. However, what would make it a great show would be episodes that go after extreme liberal views as much as it has gone after the tea party.

This.

I can watch shows where I don't necessarily agree with the political views but I had to turn this off last week. Oh and a little T&A wouldn't hurt.

Give it time. I'll bet a Big Green Egg it will get there. The show has already expressed both respect and praise for traditional conservative/republican values, and has quite interestingly portrayed extremist Tea Party leadership as an assassin of those values.

Give it time. I'll bet a Big Green Egg it will get there. The show has already expressed both respect and praise for traditional conservative/republican values, and has quite interestingly portrayed extremist Tea Party leadership as an assassin of those values.

I think perhaps you are Satan--or at a minimum, a lesser demon. Who else would offer a wager involving one's soul?

I wanted to like it. I like most HBO series. But I don't.

The dialogue is too quick and witty - pretty much every single time someone speaks. People just aren't like that. Not ALL of them like they are on this show. And the way Daniels' character attacks everyone he interviews is just off to me.

Thumbs down.

Just wait perch. It is relevant to what is on the news, and the radicalization of the tea party is a pretty darn big deal still. I can see why you don't like it, as you are an ardent tea party member.

I am sure the pendulum will swing the other way soon enough with how the leadership of the news company is pro- republican. Just wait.

no way this show survives. agree with runt ... like veep, it just gets old. people simply aren't that witty all the time, across the board.

and, the revisionist history gets old. "let's take an old issue and show how it we believe it SHOULD have been covered, now that we have the full benefit of hindsight, applying our mostly liberal views, so we can shape public opinion through this show." that's sorkin for you, in full form here. they will have a killer episode or two, but this will not sustain.

no way this show survives. agree with runt ... like veep, it just gets old. people simply aren't that witty all the time, across the board.

and, the revisionist history gets old. "let's take an old issue and show how it we believe it SHOULD have been covered, now that we have the full benefit of hindsight, applying our mostly liberal views, so we can shape public opinion through this show." that's sorkin for you, in full form here. they will have a killer episode or two, but this will not sustain.

I am consistently witty.

And I take issue with whole, thinly veiled attempt to play Jeff Daniels off as a lifelong staunch Republican who is objectively reporting on the bad guys, who just happen to all be conservatives. This is a well-written, well-acted, interesting but completely one-sided smear campaign against anyone who disagrees with Sorkin and his ilk. I still watch it, but it lost all credibility about Ep 3. It is a political vehicle and nothing else.

Edited by Redfish