[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roddy White

Scorcher

My guess would be the emergence of Julio Jones it only makes sense that they will take catches away from each other and with Julio getting more experience at his craft you would think he is only going to improve from here and the sky really is the limit for him. Put that with the fact that Roddy isn't getting any younger and sadly that also usually has a high bearing on fantasy football preseason rankings everyone likes the new flavour.

Not to speak for them, but with a homer opinion. Even Roddy himself has come out recently that he's going to be less of a factor in an offense where they want to get everyone involved, including Harry Douglas, who should be back up to speed several years removed from the ACL, and Quizz, who will not only be auditioning as Turner's heir apparent, but they'll surely be utilizing his skills catching and making plays in space. With Julio quickly becoming a favorite look and Tony G also still in the mix as one of Ryan's safety valves, it's becoming a lot of mouths to feed, rather than the Ryan/Roddy show.

Roddy also has praised this WR group for being by far the best he's seen since he's been here... No big shocker there, but Julio is continuing to impress in training camp, and so White carries a little bit of risk of no longer being the first place Ryan looks. He should still get his, but I don't know that I'd be expecting another 100 catch season.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Not to speak for them, but with a homer opinion. Even Roddy himself has come out recently that he's going to be less of a factor in an offense where they want to get everyone involved, including Harry Douglas, who should be back up to speed several years removed from the ACL, and Quizz, who will not only be auditioning as Turner's heir apparent, but they'll surely be utilizing his skills catching and making plays in space. With Julio quickly becoming a favorite look and Tony G also still in the mix as one of Ryan's safety valves, it's becoming a lot of mouths to feed, rather than the Ryan/Roddy show.

Roddy also has praised this WR group for being by far the best he's seen since he's been here... No big shocker there, but Julio is continuing to impress in training camp, and so White carries a little bit of risk of no longer being the first place Ryan looks. He should still get his, but I don't know that I'd be expecting another 100 catch season.

I thought Julio had something to do with it, but he was a factor already when Roddy was ranked higher earlier in the month. More mouths to feed makes sense. It just seemed odd that his ranking was changed with the same info under his name that was posted when he was ranked higher.

I thought Julio had something to do with it, but he was a factor already when Roddy was ranked higher earlier in the month. More mouths to feed makes sense. It just seemed odd that his ranking was changed with the same info under his name that was posted when he was ranked higher.

WEll, I mean, it's not like he went plummetting down the board or anything... Perhaps a little clarification on why thye're not quite as high as they were before would be nice, but I don't think this changes much about their opinion of Roddy, other than them backtracking on thinking he can do quite as well (but still pretty close) as his previous output.

The above is correct - I made the shift of Julio up slightly and Roddy down slightly based mostly on what White said himself. This is one situation that I am trying to keep open minded about and will be following closely. Some people including 2V like Jones more than White. I think you have to pay homage to White for being so solid for the last four years and he is only 31 years old. He comes off two seasons with 100 + catches. He has great chemistry with Matt Ryan.

By the same token, Jones is a big time talent who gained 959 yards on only 54 catches as a rookie. He had eight TDs. And he never worked with the Falcons until training camp until the lockout. Jones was mostly a deep threat last year but he's a well rounded receiver ready to broaden his scope and catch more short routes and over the middle.

You can make a case for either to be on top this year. But the bottom line is that they both should turn in very good seasons and with a nice schedule, not sure you are going wrong picking either player first. It is a very interesting situation.

If anything this should answer a lot of questions about Ryan. Most of all is he an elite QB?

I think he is very good and he may be great by the time it is all over. Will he be great this year? All the conditions are right...

WEll, I mean, it's not like he went plummetting down the board or anything... Perhaps a little clarification on why thye're not quite as high as they were before would be nice, but I don't think this changes much about their opinion of Roddy, other than them backtracking on thinking he can do quite as well (but still pretty close) as his previous output.

Thanks for you answer. No it wasn't a big fall but it did knock him out of tier 1 and the arrow facing downward indicates he might go down further. At his level I think any movement is pretty significant: for example there is a 2 point difference in ranking between MJD and CJ2K, but a much bigger divide between expectations for the coming year.

Edited by Scorcher

Thanks for you answer. No it wasn't a big fall but it did knock him out of tier 1 and the arrow facing downward indicates he might go down further. At his level I think any movement is pretty significant: for example there is a 2 point difference in ranking between MJD and CJ2K, but a much bigger divide between expectations for the coming year.

No it only means he has been moved down.

Julio is the truth? Roddy might get more catches, but Julio will have him in yards and TD's. I see very big things for Matt Ryan. Very big things.

Same... With his command of the no-huddle probably better than anyone not named Peyton Manning, and all of those weapons, there is absolutely no reason they shouldn't be giving defenses fits.

As predictable as Mularkey was, he did a fine job of bringing Ryan along, but it's time to take off the training wheels. If the O-line improves like it should, then Ryan only has himself to blame if he can't build on the 4,000 yard season last year...