[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Allen signs with the Miami Heat...

irish

WOW! Can you smell a repeat? That team is loaded!

disgusting

What part is disgusting? I'm beginning to wonder how many people truly believe in Free Agency. Because, when a guy is on a good team and signs for more money to be the man elsewhere, he's a greedy egomaniac who puts "being the man" before being on a great team.

On the other hand, when a guy takes less money to go join a group of guys who he thinks can achieve greatness as a team, then he's a MARSHMELLOW who wants to take the easy way out.

Seriously, it seems that few people truly believe in Free Agency.

Ray Allen is one of my all time favorite players. To see him jersey up with Labron is disgusting. And yeah, I'm one of those that doesn't care for him. It's not like I know the guy and can attest to him being an SALTINE or something like that, I'm just tired of all the ridiculous MJ comparisons. Is that his fault? Nope...entirely the medias...but he does nothing to squash that kind of talk. In fact, he basks in it.

So yeah....disgusting.

Ray Allen is one of my all time favorite players. To see him jersey up with Labron is disgusting. And yeah, I'm one of those that doesn't care for him. It's not like I know the guy and can attest to him being an SALTINE or something like that, I'm just tired of all the ridiculous MJ comparisons. Is that his fault? Nope...entirely the medias...but he does nothing to squash that kind of talk. In fact, he basks in it.

So yeah....disgusting.

To you. Disgusting to you. Based on the fact that you hate a guy because the media has annointed him and he hasn't done enough to insist he's not as good as they say, which might be because he does keep winning MVPs and is, arguably the best player in the league with plenty of years ahead of him to shape his legacy.

Gotcha.

To you. Disgusting to you. Based on the fact that you hate a guy because the media has annointed him and he hasn't done enough to insist he's not as good as they say, which might be because he does keep winning MVPs and is, arguably the best player in the league with plenty of years ahead of him to shape his legacy.

Gotcha.

So let me know where I said I "Hate" the guy and we can go from there. Until then, I could give a rats ass about the Heat.

And while we are at it, why don't you just annoint yourself a LaBron nuthugger. As much as you say otherwise, you defend him and the Heat with every strike of the keyboard.

As far as the Heat go, I'm a Laker fan. I don't like the Heat. As a sports fan, I'm sure you can appreciate that. The fact you apparently like LaBron is your choice as a fan. Just don't get me confused with the arrogant fan who can't appreciate good teams/players. Trust me, Ray Allen signing with the Heat makes them legit to repeat. And as a Laker fan, that disgusts me.

Will LaBron ever reach MJ's status? Well many have appointed him already. Lets see him win a few more and then I might start to agree. He has 5 more to go...and with all that talent, unlike MJ's teams, he SHOULD win a few more.

Edited by tazinib1

As far as the Heat go, I'm a Laker fan.

I don't see how a Laker fan could possibly criticize another team for gathering stars. That would make you a hypocrite of the first order and I'm sure you aren't.

So let me know where I said I "Hate" the guy and we can go from there. Until then, I could give a rats ass about the Heat.

And while we are at it, why don't you just annoint yourself a LaBron nuthugger. As much as you say otherwise, you defend him and the Heat with every strike of the keyboard.

As far as the Heat go, I'm a Laker fan. I don't like the Heat. As a sports fan, I'm sure you can appreciate that. The fact you apparently like LaBron is your choice as a fan. Just don't get me confused with the arrogant fan who can't appreciate good teams/players. Trust me, Ray Allen signing with the Heat makes them legit to repeat. And as a Laker fan, that disgusts me.

Will LaBron ever reach MJ's status? Well many have appointed him already. Lets see him win a few more and then I might start to agree. He has 5 more to go...and with all that talent, unlike MJ's teams, he SHOULD win a few more.

I would say only hate would inspire you to be disgusted to see one of your favorite players wearing the same jersey as a guy.

And, again, I'm really not a Heat or LeBron fan, per se. The NBA is a league where I really don't have a team and just end up watching the game for its own sake. Sort of the way I am with College Football. There's not really a team that I always pull for. Certainly some I root against (and the Lakers are certainly one of those teams, being from Northern Cali, no love for LA), but no team, in particular I root for.

I think with the LeBron deal it's like the reverse of the Tebow phenomonon. With Tebow, to some it seems like anyone who doesn't think he's great must have some deep seated hatred of the guy. That they just can't handle his goodness. With LeBron, anyone who is not prepared to ignore logic and cast him as satan must be swinging from his sack.

It is apparently impossible to simply not be sold on Tebow but not actually hate him, nor is it possible to think LeBron is not the devil without having a man-crush on him.

Lets see him win a few more and then I might start to agree. He has 5 more to go...and with all that talent, unlike MJ's teams, he SHOULD win a few more.

Perhaps you should review the teams that MJ had around him in the years he won it all and then try and say he didn't have talent around him.

Pippen

Grant

Rodman

Paxson

Kerr

Hodges

Cartwright

Longley

Wennington

etc.

Seems like those Bulls were built almost the exact same way as the current Heat

Superstar in MJ (Lebron)

Upper echelon complement in Pippen (Wade)

Strong Power forward in Grant/Rodman (Bosh)

Strong outside shooters to spread the floor in Kerr/Hodges (Chalmers/Miller/Battier/Allen now)

Lack of a dominant center, just a bunch of big bodies in Cartwright/Wennington/Longley (Anthony/Turiaf)

All this talk of Jordan winning titles on his own is a bunch of BS. He had an extremely strong supporting cast in the years he won it all, just like Lebron has now - heck, let's compare the Cleveland roster Lebron took to the finals if you want to talk about a player literally carrying the entire team on his back.

What BC and Pope said. But I'll add, at least MJ's Bulls weren't as stacked as Magic's Lakers and Bird's Celtics and those guys come up in conversation as often as MJ does when people are bashing LeBron for not being able to do it on his own.

In fact, the only guy I can remember taking a bunch of solid role players but nobody top-notch next to them was Olajuwan's first Rockets team that won it all. They added Drexler the 2nd year, but the first year he hardly had an All-Star supporting cast. Solid pros to be sure, but nothing remarkable.