[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you consider the playoff schedule?

DMD

Doesn't the adept fantasy owner consider every variable when drafting? I sure do. Certainly different variables carry their own weight but I wouldn't be doing my job as a championship owner if I didn't consider everything. I definitely consider a player's schedule during the fantasy playoffs in my H2H leagues. If I'm on the fence between a few players, their schedule can often times break the tie.

IMO, no, you don't consider everything as that can easily muddy the decision. IMO, being an active trader wins championships. You can address players with 2nd half concerns in mid-season.

Also, I've found that you don't even have to be a great trader. For some reason, just being very active reduces the penalty on errors that you (or more specifically, I) have made. Several in our Bond Dynasty leagues think that I a jedi-mind-trick trader, but the truth is, I'm not that great, just active... which is why I made it to the 'superbowl' in 4 of my 5 leagues last year.

Trading is the answer... I'm gonna go bump Thews' thread about trading...

Different strokes for different folks. I've placed top 2 in my local big money more times than not (just ask GMBRKR and Scoop from D.A.D.) and while I do make trades, I wouldn't say I'm a very active trader in that league. My point is that, being a consistent champion like you and I have demonstrated, comes in all shapes in sizes and it's more about knowing yourself and playing off your strengths than following a specific formula. In a nutshell, you and I are both awesome!

• Like 1

In this day and age of the NFL, defensive quality can change significantly from year to year on any given team. So I don't put too much significance in pre-season strength of schedule evaluations anyway. I guess if someone was playing Pittsburgh and Baltimore during the playoffs, it would be something to keep in mind - but there are many other things that are important in selection of players.