[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson arrested

Big John

"When police entered the club at closing time and asked patrons to leave, Peterson attempted to order a water, but was denied by a police officer.

Peterson and the officer exchanged words, according to the source, before the running back headed for the exit with a bouncer.

According to PFT, it is believed an officer jumped on Peterson's back from behind, soon to be joined by other police. Peterson was then arrested."

Yeah, go police state!!

I'll concede that there might be some facts we don't know, but according to the story: He tries to order a glass of water, is told he can't, and after letting them know (perhaps rudely) that it's BS (having worked at a bar, i know you can't serve alcohol after 2:00 in many areas, but I've never heard a restriction on them staying to have a glass of water and "sober up". In fact, it was encouraged where I work, even with cops present outside as they sometimes were).

Then he finally concedes and is walking out the door with a bouncer, when the cop gets butt-hurt that someone would actually challenge them as the authority on a 2:30 glass of water, and tackles him from behind.

Now maybe it's possible that at that point, he might have resisted them arresting him, but what cause did they have to tackle and arrest him in the first place, besides "discretion" they frequently abuse to arrest anyone who even remotely questions them.

(BTW, this is jsut speaking of dick cops who abuse their power, and a system that gives them far too much discretion and ability to make innocent people into criminals.. This is not meant to be a smear on cops who do their jobs the right way).

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Yea but the story I heard is that the cop "tried" to tackle him from behind. I say bump Adrian up your rankings.

I also heard that the entire incident is on video. I think that somebody is going to look bad here and my odds are on it not being Adrian.

Edited by MikesVikes

Yeah, go police state!!

I'll concede that there might be some facts we don't know, but according to the story: He tries to order a glass of water, is told he can't, and after letting them know (perhaps rudely) that it's BS (having worked at a bar, i know you can't serve alcohol after 2:00 in many areas, but I've never heard a restriction on them staying to have a glass of water and "sober up". In fact, it was encouraged where I work, even with cops present outside as they sometimes were).

Then he finally concedes and is walking out the door with a bouncer, when the cop gets butt-hurt that someone would actually challenge them as the authority on a 2:30 glass of water, and tackles him from behind.

Now maybe it's possible that at that point, he might have resisted them arresting him, but what cause did they have to tackle and arrest him in the first place, besides "discretion" they frequently abuse to arrest anyone who even remotely questions them.

(BTW, this is jsut speaking of dick cops who abuse their power, and a system that gives them far too much discretion and ability to make innocent people into criminals.. This is not meant to be a smear on cops who do their jobs the right way).

Wow. You seem to know alot about what happened. Were you there?

Wow. You seem to know alot about what happened. Were you there?

Nope, hence why I started off with "there might be some facts we don't know".

But nevertheless, assuming the facts we have now are true that they waited until he was peacefully leaving to tackle him from behind, then it sure sounds like some typical cop-ego BS to me, and again if true, then they're damn luck they didn't reinjure his knee, or they could be looking at a massive lawsuit.

Note that in my original statement, I conceded both that he might have gone overboard in arguing with them and he might have in fact resisted, these are things we don't yet know, but if they waited until he was peacefully leaving, then all of that becomes rather moot, especially if the only thing they could charge him with is resisting arrest (hence BJ's :huh:, since one would think that requires an arrestable offense).

Again, I do certainly concede that different facts may change my opinion, but not if they waited until he was leaving and complying to detain him. That's BS, when their job is to ensure compliance with the law. If he was then complying and leaving, then the arrest was entirely unnecessary.

But nevertheless, assuming the facts we have now are true that they waited until he was peacefully leaving to tackle him from behind, then it sure sounds like some typical cop-ego BS to me, and again if true, then they're damn luck they didn't reinjure his knee, or they could be looking at a massive lawsuit.

Here's what I read from the link BJ posted:

Peterson was arrested around 2:30 a.m. CDT. He spent the night in jail and was released on a $1,000 bond at 10:14 a.m., according to the spokesperson.

Kese Smith, a spokesman for the HPD, told TMZ.com that Peterson allegedly pushed an off-duty police officer who was working security at the club, Live! at Bayou Place.

As the off-duty officer cycled through the bar at closing time, he asked Peterson and a group of friends to leave, according to Smith. When the officer returned to the group, Peterson said, "Hey man, we heard you the first time!"

Peterson then allegedly pushed the off-duty officer in the back of his shoulder and caused him to stumble, according to Smith.

The officer asked the Vikings running back to turn and place his hands behind his back. Peterson, according to Smith, refused that command, shouting at the officer and adopting "an aggressive stance."

Smith told TMZ.com a second off-duty officer approached, but Peterson continued to resist arrest and multiple verbal warnings. A third officer arrived and Peterson was arrested and taken to jail, where he complained of shortness of breath. Smith said Peterson was checked out and ruled to be OK.

A source with knowledge of the situation told ProFootballTalk.com the incident was captured on one or more surveillance cameras inside the club.

Where exactly did you see the part about Peterson being bushwacked by the cops as he was leaving peacably of his own accord? That's why I assumed you were there, since your account differs so much from the account of the HPD that was caught on the survellience tape.

So what you are saying is that you weren't there, don't know whaat happened, jumped immediately to the conclusion that bad cops jumped Peterson for no reason, and were actually talking out your ass, right?

Again, I do certainly concede that different facts may change my opinion, but not if they waited until he was leaving and complying to detain him. That's BS, when their job is to ensure compliance with the law. If he was then complying and leaving, then the arrest was entirely unnecessary.

So, does the account above if true change your opinion - even though you insist on perpetuating your apparent fairytale to the contrary in the paragraph above?

Edited by Bronco Billy

That is an entirely different article that the one BJ originally posted, and so as promised, I retract the false initial claims cited in my OP. As you ccan see, the story quoted there has greatly changed

I find that highly commendable, DoG. That took some balls. Well done.

This sounds like a bunch of crap to me. The only charge is resisting arrest? If so, what happened to the crime - or charge - that he was being arrested for in the first place?

It seems to me that an off-duty officer working security is a private citizen, no? Is getting pushed a crime, or taking an "aggressive stance?" Are we calling that assault, and if so why wasn't he charged for it?

I have all the respect in the world for public servants but this sounds a little soft.

I'm fully focused man, my money on my mind

Got a mill' out the deal and I'm still on the grind

Now shawty said she feelin' my style, she feelin' my flow

Her girlfriend willin' to get bi and they ready to go

You can find me in the club, bottle full of bub

Look mami, I got the X if you into takin' drugs

I'm into havin' sex, I ain't into makin' love

So come gimme a hug, if you're into gettin' rubbed

This sounds like a bunch of crap to me. The only charge is resisting arrest? If so, what happened to the crime - or charge - that he was being arrested for in the first place?

It seems to me that an off-duty officer working security is a private citizen, no? Is getting pushed a crime, or taking an "aggressive stance?" Are we calling that assault, and if so why wasn't he charged for it?

I have all the respect in the world for public servants but this sounds a little soft.

It's not surprising he was arrested at all. Weak or not there is a 50/50 chance he would end up in jail no matter who he was. Pushing off duty officers after 2 am is really never a good option. While leaving after being asked to is.

Lights up BB. The initial report said that Adrian was walking to the door with a bouncer and a cop jumped on his back from behind. The story has been updated from the first report.

:lol: Funny how easy some people find it to place the blame on the cops immediately - and then have the truth later disclose the actual course of events. Hell - even the freakin POTUS did it. Even after the truth came out, verified by survellince tapes, we still have someone here trying to deflect blame from Peterson.