[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson arrested

Big John

It's my understanding that the multiple survellience tapes support the police account. If that turns out to be not true and the cops did in fact arrest Peterson with no provocation I'll be more than happy to recant. Not like it would be something new for me

It's not like he ran down a meter maid.

The video in this thread shows me nothing.

I'll wait for the facts to develope. In the mean time the fun I am having at his expense is just teasing. I'm not staking out a position and I have not decided anything on this issue. Peterson has always struck me as fairly squared away. That said I have a strong tendency to believe Cops, particularly when they are in public, know there are multiple cameras present controlled by multiple potential witnesses including friends biased towards the purported wrongdoer, and are in an area ( a routine worksite) where they are fully aware cameras are running.

Hearing and seeing the facts before judging would be reasonable. I doubt the paid advocate proposing that position will be revealing facts, like video. Seems he is more interested in setting forth his version in detail withouyt factual backup.

Well, here is what I know of (admittedly not much). So we have a paid spokesperson for the HPD that set forth his version in detail and a hired attorney who set forth his version in detail. I personally haven't seen any police reports or factual backup of either story. While I tend to agree that cops that are under surveillance are probably telling the truth, I don't see how anybody can claim they know what happened. If anybody has the police report or eye witness accounts, please drop a link. My googling just came up with the usual coverage that is just a re-hash of the initial story.

He seems like a pretty good guy, but he also seems like he may think he's a bit above the law and rules dont apply to him given his history of extreme speeding tickets. Just stay home and party at your luxury cribs you moran athletes.

What's the use of being a world class athlete and multi-millionaire if you can't go to the club and pick up some tail? I mean, having your entourage over every weekend to party in the media room/stripper stage would get old fast. As my coach always said "nothing good happens after midnight." To which I always responded (to my buddies, not to the coach) "but nothing truly great happens before!"

Is today still his arraignment day? Not that anything newsworthy is likely to come at his arraignment. Most likely he will plead not guilty, his attorney will posture, and the prosecution will state that the facts will come out at trial. Still, the day is a bit of a mile marker in the process so I wonder if it will happen, or whether it has been continued.

Arraignment date was today, but it was postponed until August 6

Here's some articles I found

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/13/adrian-peterson-innocent-news-conference/

"I'm 200% Innocent"

On his way out, Peterson was asked if the incident was a run-of-the-mill drinking situation that got out of hand -- and Peterson responded, "Yeah, pretty much."

As for the off-duty officers involved in the arrest -- Peterson's lawyer says they were all in uniform at the time.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82a86162/article/vikings-adrian-peterson-has-misdemeanor-case-reset-in-texas-court

• 4 months later...