[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That's what you get for being good - Josh Gordon to CLE

DMD

Yes, no doubt that this is about as risk/reward as it gets. If both he and Little don't pan out, the Browns could find themselves back at the bottom of the barrel at WR, and now without that 2nd rounder... Though I guess in that case, they probably wouldn't have a hard time finding upgrades in free-agency.

I guess they don't have much to lose, and plenty to gain by trying...

I wonder if the Packers would have sent them James Jones for that pick. I bet they would have. I suspect the Browns would have come ut ahead if they had gone that route.

I wonder if the Packers would have sent them James Jones for that pick. I bet they would have. I suspect the Browns would have come ut ahead if they had gone that route.

Jones has already proven that he can't catch a ball and has one of, if not the worst, drop rate over the past 3 seasons. At least Jordon has upside in that department.

So now we find out that Gordon didn't declare for the SD because of economic hardship as he originally claimed but instead failed yet another drug test while at Utah. The guy can't seem to put the bong down even knowing what the consequences will be.

So now we find out that Gordon didn't declare for the SD because of economic hardship as he originally claimed but instead failed yet another drug test while at Utah. The guy can't seem to put the bong down even knowing what the consequences will be.

I assume you're referring to this story

http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2012/07/26/browns-rookie-josh-gordon-admits-to-third-failed-drug-test-but-says-hes-changed/

I don't see anything here regarding his reason for declaring for the SD. But then I don't fully understand how the SD works, or how and why players declare.

I don't see how it is such a shock that the guy lied (to the media, presumably the Browns knew all about this) about something he's probably not proud of. Sure it was dumb to keep smoking pot after being busted twice and Baylor and getting kicked out of their program. But its not as bad as multiple DUI, assault, wife beating, rape and murder that other players have been accused of.

• Like 1

I don't see anything here regarding his reason for declaring for the SD. But then I don't fully understand how the SD works, or how and why players declare.

It's pretty vague, but from wikipedia - "As of the 1990 season, only players who had graduated or exhausted their college eligibility were made available for the supplemental draft. Since 1993, only players who had planned to attend college but for various reasons could not, have been included in the supplemental draft."

This is to make sure they aren't ducking the draft to avoid certain teams like Kosar and Bosworth did. I do agree there's something more to this, because if "financial hardship" were enough reason then a whole bunch of college players would qualify. It's almost always about a change of eligibility of some kind.

I don't know what he's ever done to be considered "good" other than being big and fast. Jordan White caught 140 balls for 1900+ yards and 17 touchdowns as a senior, and he only got taken in the 7th round by the Jets. He's now having to battle for a roster spot after suffering a broken bone in his foot during OTAs.

I don't know what he's ever done to be considered "good" other than being big and fast. Jordan White caught 140 balls for 1900+ yards and 17 touchdowns as a senior, and he only got taken in the 7th round by the Jets. He's now having to battle for a roster spot after suffering a broken bone in his foot during OTAs.

please go to page 1 and re-read my post...TIA

For all the risks surrounding Gordon, anyone who watched the Browns' offense since their return, can't help but applaud even the possibility of high reward.

Actually, let me make it easier for you.

I assume you're referring to this story

http://chronicle.nor...ys-hes-changed/

I don't see how it is such a shock that the guy lied (to the media, presumably the Browns knew all about this) about something he's probably not proud of. Sure it was dumb to keep smoking pot after being busted twice and Baylor and getting kicked out of their program. But its not as bad as multiple DUI, assault, wife beating, rape and murder that other players have been accused of.

If you add "and creating a public nuisance" you have the qualifications to sit on the group W bench.

Actually, let me make it easier for you.

Now reread what I wrote:

"Jordan White caught 140 balls for 1900+ yards and 17 touchdowns as a senior, and he only got taken in the 7th round by the Jets. He's now having to battle for a roster spot after suffering a broken bone in his foot during OTAs. "

Could have had him late in the draft. No possibility of a high reward with a guy who puts up those kind of numbers, but willing to spend a second rounder on a delinquent who hasn't done sh!t? He had a mere 700 yards with 7 touchdowns on 42 receptions in 2010. How does that equate to being "good" and worthy of a second rounder and a multi million dollar contract? If I had a dollar for every big fast receiver or runningback who didn't pan out in the nfl..and people wonder why the browns can't get it together.