[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon....causing quit a stir in FF leagues

tazinib1

In almost every league I am in, this guy has caused some sort of controversy surrounding his eligibility to be taken off the WW. Some guys used place holders in the initial rookie draft :nono: , some guys plucked him off the WW before the Supp draft :nono: . A couple leagues set precedents last year by allowing Terrell Pryor to be drafted before the Supp draft was over. All I know is, before this year most leagues did not have Supp rules in place and we didn't really notice until all the hype surrounding Gordon. At the very least, we shouldn't see the headaches caused in FF dynasty leagues by this cat next year. I hope everybody has taken notice and are writing some sort of Supp draft rule into their constitution. I'd like to take a look at a few of them if there are some in place already. At any rate, enjoy overspending!!!

Edited by tazinib1

You mean like Kareem Huggins for $35 (annual allotment of $50)? :lol:

As for FF league rules, seems like a league should just use its FA rules.

I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Huggins. :lol:

:doh:

• Like 1

At the very least, we shouldn't see the headaches caused in FF dynasty leagues by this cat next year. I hope everybody has taken notice and are writing some sort of Supp draft rule into their constitution. I'd like to take a look at a few of them if there are some in place already. At any rate, enjoy overspending!!!

TOCOL rules - this has been in place since the inception of the league in 2002. It's meant to mirror the NFL concept and we've used it every year that the NFL has had a supplemental draft and players were selected in it.

Supplemental Draft

A supplemental draft will be held 2-3 weeks after any supplemental draft by the NFL, with the time frame not to interfere with offseason FA sessions. These drafts will be blind bid run in the same fashion as FA blind bids. Priority order will be set in tiers of the bottom 5 seeded teams of that year's TOCOL draft in the 1st tier, the middle five seeded teams in the second tier, and the top 4 seeded teams in the 3rd tier.

Tier priority will then be established randomly by dice roll, with the lowest seeded team getting 14 chances, the 2nd lowest 13 chances, and so on through the league champion, who gets 1 chance. This priority order will remain in force until the end of that NFL season in the event of multiple NFL supplemental drafts. Teams interested in participating in a supplemental draft shall bid using next year's rookie draft choices, with each bid consisting of exactly one pick. Teams retain any traded pick's priority and next year's draft slot from the original team's priority. Teams with more than one pick in a round must specify the bid with which pick they are bidding or the highest of that round's picks will be assumed. The team that is awarded the supplemental rights to a player shall surrender the bidded succesive year's draft slot for those rights.

FYI, here is the NFL supplemental draft process:

The Supplemental Draft, is designed to allow underclassmen --who did not petition the league for early entry before the NFL Draft deadline but find themselves ineligible for the upcoming college season-- a vehicle for entering the NFL.

The supplemental draft is held after the traditional NFL Draft and before each season begins.

The league uses a weighted three-step, semi-lottery system to determine the order of the supplemental draft as follows:

• Teams with six wins or less participate in the first lottery for the top supplemental draft picks. The team that posted the worst record among that group is given a weighted advantage over the following team, with each team's "weight" being decreased on down the line until reaching the team with the best record in the group.

• The second group consists of non-playoff teams and follows the same weighted system.

• The third group consists of last season's 12 playoff teams and, again, follows the same lottery system.

After the order is determined, each team submits to the league the name of the player(s) they are interested in, as well as the round of the supplemental draft they would like to choose them in. The team that submits the highest bid is awarded rights to the player. If more than one team bids a pick from the same round, the team with the highest pick in the round wins out.

If a team uses a pick in the Supplemental Draft, they must forfeit their choice in the corresponding round of the next years NFL Draft.

Edited by Bronco Billy

you can copy and paste the old fashioned way if you click the little light switch in the reply box. You can toggle that off and on as you wish while you are posting.

Wait, what? And I'm supposed to remember to do that? I'm lucky I can remember my freakin' password half the time.

Unless you have a league that normally allows you to pick up guys that aren't yet NFL-eligible, then absent rules about this, you have to treat supplemental picks the same as guys who go through the regular draft.

Meaning that, only after the player has gone through a draft (doesn't matter if it's regular or supplemental, or if he's drafted or undrafted) can he become NFL eligible. Again absent a rule about supplemental picks or yet-to-be-drafted players, then the NFL's requirement should be the requirement for eligibility as a pick or FA in your league.

Edited by delusions of grandeur