[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Forte Signs - Now what?

Pancake

I don't get it. Forte is a great player when he's healthy, but he's a running back who's been overused and is coming off serious knee surgery. If there were ever a time to postpone handing out a long-term deal, it seemed like this was it -- especially since they have a capable substitute now.

I don't see Forte being very effective until late in the season, as he gets more comfortable on his knee. And with Bush able to consistently outperform him, I expect the Bears to give Bush the majority of carries from about Week 3 to Week 10.

Do you know something noone else does, swiss? Forte's injury was a grade II sprained MCL. Is there a reason why it would take him a year to get back to full strength when the recovery time for the rest of the pro football world is about 4 weeks?