[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huddler Mock Draft #1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.6 MJD

2.7 Welker

3.6 Cruz

4.7 M. Lynch

5.6 Antonio Brown

6.7 M. Ryan

My first four picks secured me the title of shortest team in the league (I think everyone is 6 or under). The scoring format is a little different with 1RB and 2Flex PPR, so I went with a rock solid RB and two stud PPR WR who should catch at least 5-7 balls a game. I reached for Lynch considering his impending suspension, but I figured I could weather the first 4-5 weeks with MJD/Welker/Cruz as my starters. I'm interested to hear where others think Lynch will go? What round would he be a value at?

Edited by White lightning

I'm not in this mock but thought I'd comment anyhow.

:fool:

Not liking my team too much right now. I haven't even done a mock mock yet and here I am trying a real mock :razz:

the Big 3 RBs were taken so at 4 I went with the Big WR in Calvin

Followed that up with Roddy White (blunder #1, passing on Adrian Peterson) but White's a solid WR2 in a PPR league. Starting out with 2 top WRs in this format seemed like a good idea.

DeMarco Murray as my RB1 - we'll see. I like what he did last season.

Antonio Gates - in a TE required league, dude's gold. With the early removals of Gronk and Graham, this is another solid choice. He caught 64 balls last year missing 5 games. Here's to hoping he doesn't miss 5 this year.

Frank Gore in the 5th. The addition of Jacobs must've scared folks off or the format or I don't know. But as a Flex play, I'll take it.

Sorry for the holdup. I thought I had done a pre-draft selection before I went to bed, but apparently I had only done it for the first pick.

Edited by Papajohn

My team so far:

1. Ryan Mathews - I guess at the 5 spot if you want one of the top 4, you have to hope someone drafts a QB early. Didnt happen for me so I got Mathews. His POTENTIAL is there, but not sure I would ultimately take him here in a real draft.

2. Andre Johnson - Steal at this spot I think. If he stays healthy (big if), then he is a top 5 WR IMO.

3. Demarius Thomas - Another potential, but I like his upside as much as anyone elses.

4. Steven Jackson - I still think SJax has another year, maybe 2 left in him. Dude has plenty of talent still, just needs the team to play better.

5. Eli Manning - ELIte.

6. Vernon Davis - If he plays anything like he did in the playoffs, then getting him here is a steal.

7. Reggie Wayne - Hoping he has a couple good years left, this year being one of them. Luck has to throw to someone right?

8. Donald Brown - Only RB in Indy should get at least a good opportunity.

Overall - Dont love the team, dont hate it. It is more of a team built with potential.

Let me know when mock #2 is underway... I need a draft fix in a bad way (just realized this when I stumbled upon this thread and discovered that I had missed out). Format/size doesn't matter... I'm bound to be in a league that has something similar.

1.02 Lesean McCoy - I like the combo of PPR danger and high TD ratio, as well as being the centerpiece of a balanced offense (unlike Rice who is the center piece of a lopsided offense)

2.11 Brandon Marshall - I think he's going to blow up this year again (in the good non psychotic way)...would have taken him above two of the WRs off the board right ahead of him

3.02 Mathew Stafford - I thought about doubling up at WR (Green or Nicks) or RB (Murray) but ultimately decided a top tier QB was the way to go

4.11 Marques Colston - Brees is in the bag and Colston is a year in and year out top 20 WR performer in PPR leagues, great 2nd WR

5.02 Doug Martin - I have tended to take an older RB in this spot (like Gore/Turner) decided to play it differently this time and roll the dice on the most promising rook RB out side of Richardson

6.11 Erick Decker

7.02 Brandon Pettigrew

8.11 Pierre Garcon - One of the highest upside WRs left on the board, even if I think he has stone hands

9.02 Mike Williams - My other favorite upside WR...I think he makes a far better #2 than a #1...yes they will pound the ball but I think MW get's a lot of red zone targets this year...I've loaded up on him in dynasty and redraft leagues alike this off season

(Will edit with more comments)

We have reached round 12 out of 16 and I doubt anything interesting is going to happen in the rest of the rounds, så I will just say a few words about my draft, and hopefully inspire just a few other to do the same since I do enjoy reading other people's opinions/thoughts.

Starters: 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

Roster:

QB: Drew Brees (2.3), RG3 (9,10)

RB: Trent Richardson (1.10), Fred Jackson (3.10), Roy Helu (5.10), Isaac Redman (7.10)

WR: Steve Smith (4.3), Darrius Heyward-Bey (8.3), Michael Floyd (10.3), Laurent Robinson (11.10), Danny Amendola (12.3)

TE: Jason Witten (6.3)

All in all I am very happy this was only a mock draft because I think I made mistakes.

I ended up very weak at WR with Steve Smith and DHB as my starters, and I probably should have gone WR in round 5 instead of picking Roy Helu at (5.10.) He might still be available at (6.3) and if not I could pick up C.J. Spiller to go along with Fred Jackson (C.J Spiller ended up going at 6.1 though), draft another WR or go TE as I did with Witten.

After I took Helu at (5.10) going with Isaac Redman at (7.10) as my fourth RB was just flat out stupid. I have 3 RBs already and only 1 WR and I have to start 2 WRs. I like Redman and I think he is value here because I am not so sure Mendenhall will ever reclaim his starting job, but I just put myself in a position where I shouldn't pick him

I normally don't go QB early, but I did this time and I don't really like it. I just can't help feel, that you are one step behind for the rest of the draft, even though it might be foolish to think that way and it probably has something to do with old habits. I wish I had gone with Welker instead of Brees at (2.3) and then hopefully picked up a tier 2 QB like Matt Ryan later on. That way I could also have gone with Helu at (5.10) if I wanted to.

If going QB early turns out to be what you'll have to do in future it requires adaptation (at least for me). I am not saying going QB early is wrong per se, but I just feel like you have a lot less wickle room later on in the draft.

All in all I don't hate the my picks individually, I just hate them combined.

Edited by Papajohn

1.09 Rodgers

2.04 Gronk

3.09 Jennings

4.04 Bradshaw

5.09 Britt

6.04 B Lloyd

7.09 J Starks

8.04 S. Holmes

9.09 J. Blackmon

10.04 D. Wilson RB NYG

11.09 A. Luck

12.04 R. Mendenhall

I am not usually the guy to take QB in 1st, just wanted to see how it turns out. So far not too bad.

not as happy as i was before hearing Britt is hurt and a drunk azz

Peyton Manning(7.07)

Chris Johnson(1.07), Darren Sproles(2.06), Jonathon Stewart(6.06), Daniel Thomas(11.07)

Mike Wallace(3.07), Dwayne Bowe(4.06), Stevie Johnson(5.07), Crabtree(9.07), N. Washington(10.06)

Tony Gonzalez(8.06)

Love my RB's and If my WR's get into camp on time I love them, Crabtree and Washington are steals IMO.

I waited too long on QB and TE though as I was hoping on getting Fred Davis in the 8th. Need to take the QB in the 6th and TE in the 7th I think. Other than that love my team, if Peyton stays healthy and Gonzalez stays consistent I think i got a good team.

QB - Rivers (6.02), Freeman (11.11)

RB - Bush (4.02), Turner (5.11), Greene (9.11), Quizz (12.02)

WR - Fitz (1.11), Nicks (3.11), D. Moore (7.11), Quick (10.02)

TE - Graham (2.02), Tamme (8.02)

I normally never wait on RB, and am surprisingly pleased with the results, waiting for Bush, Turner and Greene (who I wasn't targeting, but at the end of a 9th for a guy who'll keep the majority of the workload if he keeps the job, sign me up).

This made for real strength at WR and TE, starting off with Fitz, Graham and Nicks. I'm not as crazy about my depth at WR, and have a few more questions than I'd like about Tamme & Greene for the flexes. That's why I went ahead and took my sleeper WR Quick earlier than I probably needed to. I just have to hope that Moore can establish himself as the true #1 in Oakland (or that Quick will live up to the hype), or I could regret not taking a 3rd WR earlier.

QB is so deep this year, that I was also pleased to be able to wait until the 6th to get a QB of Rivers' caliber (I could have also taken Ryan or another QB here, but having taken Turner, I'd rather diversify with another QB I think is being underrated in Rivers). Love Freeman as a top-notch backup and maybe even great sleeper if he rebounds to his rookie form. The Bucs are certainly giving him the help with a new weapon and stud O-lineman.

If I had it to do over, I might have taken Forte at 1.11 and loaded up on WRs in the middle rounds where there was a lot of talent, but I can't complain about this roster too much.

#1 pick

Team

QB - Newton, Palmer

RB - A. Foster, McGehee

WR - Austin, Moore, V. Jackson, K. Wright, V. Brown

TE - F. Davis, O. Daniels

I have made two mistakes as I see it.

1.) Drafting Newton in the second round. I should have drafted either a RB or a WR in the second round instead of Newton.

2.) RB depth is an issue; however, minimum requirements are for 1 RB so it is an issue to be managed and watched during the season if the league was not a mock draft.

Well it looks like we are going to stall out, so here I am so far:

1.3 - Ray Rice

2.10 - Adrian Peterson - maybe early/risky, but that RB combo is insane if it works out by playoff time

3.3 - AJ Green - huge debate here for me, I went with the guy that has the whole passing game to himself

4.10 - Percy Harvin - I like the value here, the guy was a top 5 WR last year once Ponder entered the offense with some monster games.

5.3 - Dez Bryant - more risk, but lots of upside, particularly later when it counts

6.10 - BenJarvus Green-Ellis - the part of the draft you can't be so choosy, and he's the clear RB on a team that likes to pound the ball.

7.3 - Michael Vick - he wasn't really in my plans, I tried hard not to draft him, but this late I can't possibly ignore him any longer.

8.10 - Steven Ridley - another guy that should get most of the RB action on his team - only question is how large will that be?

9.3 - Randy Moss - this pick is all about the upside. We wrote him off once, and a freaking moron won my homer because of it. Never again.

10.10 - Jared Cook - I'm the last one with no TE, and I love his upside.

11.3 - Alex Smith - the dude was a #1 overall pick for a reason, and now he has real weapons. My favorite break-out candidate at QB.

12.10 - Isiah Pead

13.3 - Doug Baldwin

14.10 - Reuben Randle

15.3 - NY Jets D

16.10 - random kicker

Yeah, there's a theme here - upside, and risk to go with it. This is really all about the AP pick, and if this is a real draft that pick is Murray instead, but for mock purposes I assume Peterson is announced as good to go week 1. He'll need some time certainly to get back to top form but he's the flex and I have other viable options I can live with in the interim.

I'm no Vick lover, but in the 7th is good value and I am high on Smith as a backup.

After the big two TE went it was just a matter of getting an upside guy, and Cook is one I really like there.

RB depth is solid, especially since we only have to start one. Again it's Murray if not a healthy AP, and BJGE is a solid 3. I like Ridley more than some and am very comfortable with him as a #4.

WR looks like a strength if the upside hits, and is traditionally easier to fix it it doesn't.

I really like all three of the late fliers I got - Pead, Baldwin, Randle - all three could easily be contributors in stretches.

Edited by flemingd

My Team as it now stands:

QB - Newton, Palmer

RB - A. Foster, McGahee, P. Thomas, K. Smith, B. Scott

WR - Austin, Moore, V. Jackson, K. Wright, V. Brown

TE - F. Davis, O. Daniels

K - Gostkowski

DEF - Drafting with last pick

I was worried that my backup RBs would not do anything; however, it appears with Best, DET going on the PUP, K. Smith may have value and be the backup I was looking for.

Edited by ajh2

Locker, Jake TEN QB - 11

Stafford, Matthew DET QB - 5

Leshoure, Mikel DET RB (S) - 5

Martin, Doug TBB RB - 5

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB - 7

Colston, Marques NOS WR - 6

Decker, Eric DEN WR - 7

Garcon, Pierre WAS WR - 10

Hankerson, Leonard WAS WR - 10

Marshall, Brandon CHI WR - 6

Williams, Mike TBB WR - 5

Celek, Brent PHI TE (Q) - 7

Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE - 5

Akers, David SFO PK - 9

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def

Solid across the board, too some risk at TE with Celek/Pettigrew but I love both those offenses.

Love my WRs, feel good about the QB situation...a bit thin at RB but I think the 1/2 punch of McCoy and Martin could be quite potent