[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys' WR, Dez Bryant arrested...

irish

On misdemeanor domestic violence charge in Desoto. Don't have a link as I got an update through the bleacher report.

This is the 2nd time in 6 months that Bryant has had a run in with the law. Back in January, he was involved in an altercation outside a Miami nightclub and was detained by police, but not arrested. Bryant has been named in multiple lawsuits regarding unpaid debts. He was also kicked out of NorthPark Center and temporarily banned last summer for inappropriate attire.

This was writeup that accompanied the report. More to come...

I have trouble seeing Bryant ever reaching his supposed potential because the guy just cannot take the next step without tripping himself.

I have trouble seeing Bryant ever reaching his supposed potential because the guy just cannot take the next step without tripping himself.

Agreed. He just lacks so much maturity and I fear his true superstar talent will never be seen and will be wasted.

+1

It just amazes me how immature he is. IMO, most people that are handed everything & don't have to really work for success never seem to amount to much.

We keep hearing how he is doing this and that in the offseason and is ready to take the next step blah blah blah. he cant stay healthy and gets lost in the 2nd half a lot. And he bitched slapped his mom. other than that, I think we got a real gem in this kid ! :tup:

CBS Sports' story.

When news of Dez Bryant's arrest on a misdemeanor domestic abuse charge broke Monday night, one TV station quoted Bryant as saying, “I'm good, I'm good,” when he was reached on the phone.

News emerged Tuesday morning that Bryant had some kind of pushing incident with his mother, but the latest report is darker than what was originally thought.

According to the Fort Worth Star Telegram , Bryant's mother could be heard on the 911 call telling somebody else in the room that her son “tried to kill me.”

Angela D. Bryant told police, via the Star Telegram, that theCowboys receiver “hit her across the face with a ball cap, pulled her hair, tore her shirt and bra, and repeatedly struck her hands and wrists when she tried to push him away.”

The 37-year-old Angela Bryant then reportedly told somebody in the room, “Babe, I can't keep letting him do this. ... I can't let him do me like this. I'm tired. I'm going to put an end to it today.”

Police didn't immediately arrest Dez Bryant on Saturday because there was no evidence of an assault, but two days later, after police issued a warrant for his arrest, he turned himself in before immediately posting bond. Angela Bryant told the 911 operator after the incident that nobody had been drinking or using drugs. When the operator asked if anybody was armed, she said, “Not yet,” but noted that her son tried to hit her with a ball.

According to the police report, Angela Bryant complained of pain in her wrists, hands, arms and chest. She apparently had swelling around her wrists and left thumb and bruising on her upper arms.

“It's pretty straightforward,” DeSoto, Tx., police captain Ron Smith said during a Tuesday news conference. “He and his mom got in an argument. It's physical. She got some injuries. We made the arrest …

“Whatever led to it is really not an issue for us. We have an injured person. We have a suspect. We're going to move forward.”

The domestic violence charge is a Class A misdemeanor that could result in a fine of up to $4,000 and a year in jail.

Nobody's talking about this part, from the original TMZ link posted (yeah I know, you gotta consider the source)

"According to ESPNDallas.com, Bryant had gotten into an argument with his half-brother on Saturday night and ended up pushing his mother, Angela."

Seems like another dysfunctional family. The siblings (half) get in a fight, mom steps in trying to break it up, one of the kids doesn't approve and takes it out on her. Really sad that anybody could consider striking their own mother.

You've got to love his comment when asked, "I'm good".

Heard on ESPN that while Dez was at Oklahoma State, many of the coaches felt that his mom was an "ongoing concern" throughout his time there. Apparently she moved from Texas to Oklahoma and would be around the school and practices all the time. It was clear that they felt she was a bad influence and this was probably the biggest reason Dez fell in the draft. All those questions that Ireland was asking about his mom during the draft process were legitimate concerns for all teams.

Clearly she's latching onto him if she's just following him around, I wouldn't be surprised if their altercation had something to do with money. I wonder if we'll get more details about the incident.

Heard on ESPN that while Dez was at Oklahoma State, many of the coaches felt that his mom was an "ongoing concern" throughout his time there. Apparently she moved from Texas to Oklahoma and would be around the school and practices all the time. It was clear that they felt she was a bad influence and this was probably the biggest reason Dez fell in the draft. All those questions that Ireland was asking about his mom during the draft process were legitimate concerns for all teams.

Clearly she's latching onto him if she's just following him around, I wouldn't be surprised if their altercation had something to do with money. I wonder if we'll get more details about the incident.

This ... maybe he can now figure out how to deal with those 'hangers on'. He has always had a posse around him. He needs to figure out what is best for him and dump some of these clowns.

Have a friend in the Cowboys organization. He's very low level and this is through the grapevine.

Dez's mm had him while she was 14-15 years old. She is a known drug addict. She has over 17 arrests. The word is that she has been living with Dez and he was supporting her. She brought drugs into his house and that is how the fight started. He asked her to leave, she wouldn't, and things escalated. No excuses for him.