[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

July "Experts" Mock Draft; Huddle picking 9th

j2v

Tell whoever is the MFL admin that if they go into Commissioner Setup and use "Custom Franchise Order" to set the teams in draft order - that will allow the draft grid at http://football33.myfantasyleague.com/2012/options?L=47893&O=113&DISPLAY=LEAGUE to display in the correct order. The default display is by the order the teams were created in, which is a locked field.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Forte is a 1st round pick. Do people think he's getting the goalline work? Or is his value in PPR enough to overcome losing goalline chances? I really think Michael Bush eats into Forte's workload a little more than Chester Taylor ever did. 1.07 just seems like a reach, especially with Rodgers still there.

Ok, for the sake of argument and because I'd like to learn something here:

It seems like the 1st round WR selection really boxed you in and lead to a very low upside pick in Peterson in round 2. Even Adrian can't defy the limits of human physiology. Would you have considered an RB in round 1 like MJD or Richardson and then come back with Fitzgerald, if available?

Agree that 9th pick is a steaming heap, especially with the hand you were dealt.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think Forte is a 1st round pick. Do people think he's getting the goalline work? Or is his value in PPR enough to overcome losing goalline chances? I really think Michael Bush eats into Forte's workload a little more than Chester Taylor ever did. 1.07 just seems like a reach, especially with Rodgers still there.

Forte's value was never really about GL touches. It was more about scoring from distance which he'll still do, combined yardage which he'll still add up and receptions which he'll still get. If DMC can be very productive with Bush there right behind, Forte can do just as well.

Ok, for the sake of argument and because I'd like to learn something here:

It seems like the 1st round WR selection really boxed you in and lead to a very low upside pick in Peterson in round 2. Even Adrian can't defy the limits of human physiology. Would you have considered an RB in round 1 like MJD or Richardson and then come back with Fitzgerald, if available?

Agree that 9th pick is a steaming heap, especially with the hand you were dealt.

Was thinking about Richardson but 1.09 seemed high; hoped to grab him at 2.04. Love MJD but he's going to hold out and he's coming off a career year; I don't see him putting up first-round numbers. There was no RB value with that pick so I went Fitz.

The video of AP's rehab has me believing even more that he'll be ready for Week 1. Even if he's not, let's say he misses a month. Then with my R2 pick I get 12 weeks of an elite back. It's like drafting Darren McFadden only with more upside.

2V

Interesting picks at QB in back to back rounds. Was that something you were planning (two QBs to pair and platoon), or a result of who was left when you picked your first QB.

Once I decided to wait on QBs it made sense to go back-to-back, especially in this format. And especially since I was taking a rookie in RG3. The initial plan when I took RG3 was to come back with Manning, but he went off the board so I went with Big Ben. I considered a third QB in there as well and probably would have if I had taken Manning. But there's a bunch of QBs in that range I was okay with and after filling out other spots the thought of playing mix-and-match (or having the best ball system do it for me) with RG3 and Roethlisberger isn't a bad way to fill that lineup spot.

2V