[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jackie Battle

delfamdelfam

I would choose Battle for sure. I have very little faith in Ronnie Brown doing anything remotely close to fantasy worthy if Mathews get injured. In 2010 he was worthless from a fantasy standpoint as the main back for the Dolphins.

Wasn't Battle a FF flavor of the month a few years ago? And won't he be playing FB for SD when/if he even manages to get on the field beyond STs? The guy is a between-the-tackle missile you aim at a hole in the line and hope that it's open so that he can run for 2 yds and fall forward for another. But he can block, FWIW.

not sure what's up with all the Battle love and Brown hate (well I sort of get that)

food for thought

Ronnie Brown - RB - Chargers

The Union-Tribune San Diego considers Ronnie Brown and FB Le'Ron McClain the two likeliest Chargers backs to see "complementary" touches behind Ryan Mathews.

Brown is basically done as a ball carrier, while McClain appeared slower than ever in 2011 games with the Chiefs. The U-T San Diego considers Jackie Battle to be primarily a special teamer competing for a 53-man roster spot. Curtis Brinkley and Edwin Baker are purely roster bubble types. We wouldn't even bother trying to "handcuff" Mathews in standard leagues this season.

Source: Union-Tribune San Diego

Jul 22 - 7:27 PM

Wasn't Battle a FF flavor of the month a few years ago? And won't he be playing FB for SD when/if he even manages to get on the field beyond STs? The guy is a between-the-tackle missile you aim at a hole in the line and hope that it's open so that he can run for 2 yds and fall forward for another. But he can block, FWIW.

I'm pretty sure the only two FB's on the roster will be McClain and Hester.

Yes he was, but it didn't last a month.. He did play well for the first week and that was about it.