[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

JUM?

BA Baracus

Perhaps JUM has realized he could go solo and an army of readers would follow? If he set up his own site or even a newsletter, people would sign up. He might be the best fantasy sportswriter out there.

His nuggets were pure gold most of the time and if they weren't, he had good reasoning behind his gut calls. He is and was a huge reason why I have remained a loyal customer to this site. That may change now. Everybody can point their browser to RotoWorld and get a lot of the same insight found here. It's the gut calls and "did you notice" commentary that sets, or set, The Huddle apart. Hope that doesn't change.

I wish JUM nothing but the best in his future endeavors.

• Like 1

I'm curious, how long was JUM writing for the Huddle, I thought he was a recent addition (2011 or 2010), so not sure how people considered him to be such a key part of the staff. It isn't like DMD, Tuvey or one of the other primary people have left.

I'll miss JUM and his articles like the rest, but don't see the overall benefit of being a huddle member changing.

As far as cheerleaders, I'm sure we could do our own thread in the tailgate and contribute to that. Would be some fun research. Or maybe JUM will keep that going in his new endeavor and we can get it there.

I'm curious, how long was JUM writing for the Huddle, I thought he was a recent addition (2011 or 2010), so not sure how people considered him to be such a key part of the staff. It isn't like DMD, Tuvey or one of the other primary people have left.

I'll miss JUM and his articles like the rest, but don't see the overall benefit of being a huddle member changing.

As far as cheerleaders, I'm sure we could do our own thread in the tailgate and contribute to that. Would be some fun research. Or maybe JUM will keep that going in his new endeavor and we can get it there.

Umm, JUM's articles were fantastic. No more JUM articles = less value in being a Huddle member. That means the "overall benefit of being a huddle member" has changed. If JUM does start his own site that would be pretty cool though. I'd support the s*** out of it.

This. It was a very entertaining article once a week but it was a small part of the total content produced by the Huddle. If he keeps doing FFL content I'd check it out but it would not impact my membership here. :2cents:

Just for clarification, the only reason he is not here is because he cannot devote any time towards publishing material. He is not off opening his own site or working anywhere else in the industry. He knows he has a home here and one that hopefully the near future will allow him to return in some capacity.

Just for clarification, the only reason he is not here is because he cannot devote any time towards publishing material. He is not off opening his own site or working anywhere else in the industry. He knows he has a home here and one that hopefully the near future will allow him to return in some capacity.

Sounds like maybe his wife played the "You love fantasy football more than me" card. If she played the tears card at the same time, it's pretty much indefensible. :sad:

(I am just kidding, folks. Don't fill my inbox with hate mail, please!)

This. It was a very entertaining article once a week but it was a small part of the total content produced by the Huddle. If he keeps doing FFL content I'd check it out but it would not impact my membership here. :2cents:

agree his weekly article was nice but far from the reason I subscribe. The cheatsheets and weekly projections are worth the price. I've been here way before JUM came along he added some color to weekly content but not the sole price of admission.

Now if Rattree stopped his Tuesday article there would be an issue...

Edited by Zooty

Sounds like maybe his wife played the "You love fantasy football more than me" card. If she played the tears card at the same time, it's pretty much indefensible. :sad:

(I am just kidding, folks. Don't fill my inbox with hate mail, please!)

My husband did that to me, so I am down from 8 leagues to 4.

agree his weekly article was nice but far from the reason I subscribe. The cheatsheets and weekly projections are worth the price. I've been here way before JUM came along he added some color to weekly content but not the sole price of admission.

Now if Rattree stopped his Tuesday article there would be an issue...

And that was kind of my point, I mean has JUM been writing articles for the Huddle for 2-5-10 years? (I'm kind of new so I don't know.) And was that a primary reason people joined and renewed? Based on my experience it is the items you mention which are far more critical for drafting and managing during the season.

Not trying to be a prick just wondering why some have the "well would have been nice to know before I renewed" attitude.

And that was kind of my point, I mean has JUM been writing articles for the Huddle for 2-5-10 years? (I'm kind of new so I don't know.) And was that a primary reason people joined and renewed? Based on my experience it is the items you mention which are far more critical for drafting and managing during the season.

Not trying to be a prick just wondering why some have the "well would have been nice to know before I renewed" attitude.

not sure anyone said that. he did a great job and he will be missed but the huddle will go on. let's just leave it at that.

Do you expect to see him in the Forums???

Do you expect to see him in the Forums???

I was thinking the same thing. He may not be able to keep writing articles but I was wondering if he'd at least be part of floating around the forums.