[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andy Reid's son found dead at training camp

Big John

Really, is that medically proven that people have a predisposition to addiction, and will get addicted to something in their lives no matter how hard they try? It seems like everything these days is an illness, instead of being something that people chose to do (use drugs, drink too much, beat their spouse [well maybe that is still a choice].)

Because I'm not sure I buy that "You didn't cause it", if you never start using drugs its pretty hard to get addicted to drugs. Sure it can be very difficult to kick the habit afterward, but you wouldn't have a habit to kick if you didn't start one.

I think she was referring to the family not causing it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she was referring to the family not causing it.

ETA nevermind, got my posts confused...

I wasn't responding to scooby (who is a she) but Joebirds55 (who I actually quoted, and assume is not a she), and was the one that said this wasn't a tragedy. I didn't want to take any chances and get flamed later because people think I agreed with Joebirds55 saying it wasn't a tragedy.

Edited by stevegrab

Well football is a game and a job. You make millions at that job btw.

And people have different personalities. Reid being a man for starters: he could have been raised to be cold and unemotional. He most likely knew his son was an addict for years. It's quite possible he disconnected himself emotionally from his son after trying to get the guy help.

You say it's selfishness, but it could also be Reid facing reality before his son's death.

I wasn't responding to scooby (who is a she) but Joebirds55 (who I actually quoted, and assume is not a she), and was the one that said this wasn't a tragedy. I didn't want to take any chances and get flamed later because people think I agreed with Joebirds55 saying it wasn't a tragedy.

I'm pretty sure you were responding to Scooby considering you quoted her and then replied.

I'm pretty sure you were responding to Scooby considering you quoted her and then replied.

My bad, got my posts mixed up, thought you were commenting on my post to Joebirds55, and thought that was the one you quoted. That's what I get for trying to read and comment on multiple threads at once.