[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO to Seattle (?)

bostonsoxandy

McNabb's QB rating also spiked from 79.6 to 104.7 when TO was added year-by-year. Second year of TO, QB rating of 85.0 of course both TO and McNabb played 7 and 9 games that year respectively; then TO leaves and his next three QB ratings are 95.5, 89.9, 86.4.

:shrug: Statistically, McNabb had inarguably the best year of his career once T.O. joined the team.

And then he was crushed by T.O, went into a death spiral, and washed out of the league prematurely.

TO may have eventually called him ghey, but Garcia developed pretty quickly into a solid QB while TO was there. Not saying TO was responsible, but I wouldn't exactly say he held him back.

And then T.O called his leadership into question, and did so from the safety of the Eagles squad. What Q.B. needs his manhood called into question? Did his career arch reflect the comment, who can say, but Garcia went downhill fast and couldn't seem to lead a team afte the comment.

From Rotoworld:

Terrell Owens - WR - Seahawks

Terrell Owens practiced at flanker after arriving to Seahawks training camp on Wednesday.

It's Sidney Rice's position, and a near-certain indication of the Seahawks' concern with the incumbent starter, who's coming back from several shoulder surgeries and concussions. Owens has been a split end his entire career, so it appears Seattle is moving him to replace Rice. Golden Tate is the Seahawks' split end. We tentatively expect those two to be the Week 1 starters.

And then T.O called his leadership into question, and did so from the safety of the Eagles squad. What Q.B. needs his manhood called into question? Did his career arch reflect the comment, who can say, but Garcia went downhill fast and couldn't seem to lead a team afte the comment.

Well, for starters, it bears mention that Garcia didn't even really get started until he was 30. So time was never on his side.

However, but for two short stints on crappy teams in Cleveland and Det (3 if you count his last year in SF when they were beginning their franchise-wide implosion that would last until last year), Garcia then posted 5-1 (when he took over a 5-5 Philly team and lead them to a 10-6 record and a play-off win), 8-5, and 6-5 records with QB ratings above 90 in the three years before he was essentially done.

Edited by detlef

I have rethought my position. Clearly having a media whore on your team who will challenge the leadership of the Q.B. and question the entire offensive scheme and the offensive coordiantor when it is not all about him is a good thing under any circumstances and will be very helpful for young developmental Q.B.'s in particular. Flynn was babied too long in Green Bay, playing with unselfish team mates. How is he to know his true potential until they take off the training wheels?

I also have changed my thoughts on his speed. Just because most of us slow down considerably between our early twenties and our late thirties is no reason to presume T.O.'s reported time is not true. Maybe his pro day time was misreported. Maybe professional training and a strict regime of driveway situps and arena league games interspersed with child support court dates and bad reality T.V. shows have enhanced his speed.

Finally, nothing brings a team together faster and helps its chemistry more than the staff showing a lack of faith in the guys who have been there from the start working hard and forging friendships and bringing in a mediawhore mercenary who has at best a one year window. Those young Wr's don't need reps and Flynn does not need to get familiar with them.

Bronco Billy[/b]' timestamp='1344515451' post='3695687']

I have rethought my position. Clearly having a media whore on your team who will challenge the leadership of the Q.B. and question the entire offensive scheme and the offensive coordiantor when it is not all about him is a good thing under any circumstances and will be very helpful for young developmental Q.B.'s in particular. Flynn was babied too long in Green Bay, playing with unselfish team mates. How is he to know his true potential until they take off the training wheels?

I also have changed my thoughts on his speed. Just because most of us slow down considerably between our early twenties and our late thirties is no reason to presume T.O.'s reported time is not true. Maybe his pro day time was misreported. Maybe professional training and a strict regime of driveway situps and arena league games interspersed with child support court dates and bad reality T.V. shows have enhanced his speed.

Finally, nothing brings a team together faster and helps its chemistry more than the staff showing a lack of faith in the guys who have been there from the start working hard and forging friendships and bringing in a mediawhore mercenary who has at best a one year window. Those young Wr's don't need reps and Flynn does not need to get familiar with them.

fixed for accuracy

Who could possibly argue with this? Always nice to see someone attain a new plateau of enlightenment.

• Like 1

And then he was crushed by T.O, went into a death spiral, and washed out of the league prematurely.

Yeah, no. Not buying tha TO is the sole reason McNabb went out of the league prematurely, considering he was still effective AFTER TO left for the next FOUR seasons with the Eagles. He went out of the league prematreuyl because he couldn't play anymore at a high level. Not because TO bitched about him four years ago and it was still in his head.

Also think people are reading way to far into this. If you don't like this move AND think TO's 40-time was incorrect/is washed up, then this should be no biggie for you. Since the Seahawks brought him in for his talent level alone, if he doesn't live up to that 40-time throughout the preseason he will be cut in a heartbeat.

And have people noticed taht normally TO is OK on any one team for the first year he is there? It usually takes a year for him to start whining and moaning.

And have people noticed taht normally TO is OK on any one team for the first year he is there? It usually takes a year for him to start whining and moaning.

I expect an accelerated schedule. Owens will be 39 in December and knows his whining and moaning window is closing quickly.

• Like 1

One final thing before I go to work. Just watched a video report from an AFC West blogger for ESPN on the Seahawks and what has happened early on is exactly what I said would happen and it's all positive. TO has basically woken up the sleepy Seahawks camp. A team that really seemed destined for 8-8 best gets a shot in the arm with TO. If that shot has side effects, we will see, but for right now, the initial value of that shot is tremendous. The other young WRs cannot ease through practices anymore ever for fear of losing their spot on the team. The cornerbacks are fired up to defend TO, and guess what, he is posing quite a challenge for them early on. I don't see why everyone is so negative. He starts doing his thang/showing side-effects of the "shot", and boom he's gone.

As for those saying Owens can at least be a model of fitness I would note that the Seahawks actually have a strength and conditioning coach, they don't need Owens for that.

I meant to respond to this earlier. Yes, every team has one, I believe. However, as long as I've been following sports, I've heard stories about guys being inspired by vets who keep themselves in great shape. How it caused them to take a more serious approach to their own fitness. That it's one thing for the coaches to scream at you about hitting the weights, and yet another to realize that some dude 10+ years older than you is more cut than you are. It makes pride kick in.

Have you honestly never heard of this before? Is this notion so odd to you? Or are you summoning your inner BB, ignoring both or either, and simply less interested in being correct than you are at being "right".

Edited by detlef

If you've got something to say to me det, have the balls to do it directly. P###y

Um, I wasn't talking to you. I was telling DW that he's resorting to the same BS tactics that you do. One of which, I recall specifically calling you out on directly in this very thread.

Are you truly implying that I avoid direct confrontation with you here?

Edited by detlef

Um, I wasn't talking to you. I was telling DW that he's resorting to the same BS tactics that you do. One of which, I recall specifically calling you out on directly in this very thread.

Are you truly implying that I avoid direct confrontation with you here?

No, you were talking about me and you chose to do it it a slimy backhanded way in as a slam against someone else - who I might add you are in way over your head with. Then you retreat and take the stance that your remarks are none of my business since you were only talking about me and not to me.

That's what makes you a p###y.

No, you were talking about me and you chose to do it it a slimy backhanded way in as a slam against someone else - who I might add you are in way over your head with. Then you retreat and take the stance that your remarks are none of my business since you were only talking about me and not to me.

That's what makes you a p###y.

Whatever dude. Believe what you makes you feel right.

Again, it astonishes me that you'd imply that I'm afraid to confront you directly. We've had any number of drag-out, pointless, pissing matches about essentially anything and everything and nearly all of them have gotten personal at some point. In this very thread I called you out directly on one of your tactics. But, now, all of a sudden, "If I've got something to say to you..."?

Done with this nonsense here. It's neither the time nor the place. I'd guess my position is pretty clear. Maybe when I get to NC on business we can meet, I'll buy the first round, and we can continue this discussion face to face rather than through the anonimity of the internet.

Done with this nonsense here. It's neither the time nor the place. I'd guess my position is pretty clear. Maybe when I get to NC on business we can meet, I'll buy the first round, and we can continue this discussion face to face rather than through the anonimity of the internet.

Such a drama queen. :rolleyes:

If this isn't the place for you and det to argue than I'm very confused what the frack you two have been doing for the past few years.

• Like 1