[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Robert meachem vs Malcolm Floyd vs Vincent brown

DP21

I've seen different people argue for each of these three to become the main man this year in San Diego. I don't have any reasoning to back this up, but my gut tells me it is Vincent Brown's time to shine. Meachem and Floyd both seem like journeymen who have already shown the limits of their talent. They can make some plays, but neither have ever really impressed me all that much. So if Brown doesn't emerge this season, then he will probably fall into that same category for his career.

Any Training Camp reports on these guys?

Meachem is not doing as well as they hoped so far and is struggling to create "chemistry" with Philip Rivers. Floyd has already reached the ceiling of his talent IMO so that leaves Brown as the guy that at least we are not sure is not going to be a stud of any measure. But it may be too early for Brown who had just 19-329-2 as a rookie last year. My guess is that Rivers is not going to really make any wideout a star this year, Gates holds on to one more decent season at least and the RBs are receivers as well. Brown if I had to guess but no one has to step up this year.

Rivers likes to spread the ball around, thus diluting the worth of any wide receiver on this team. He'll look downfield but still likes Gates and Mathews underneath. I don't see "stud-like" numbers from any of the wideouts.

Rivers likes to spread the ball around, thus diluting the worth of any wide receiver on this team. He'll look downfield but still likes Gates and Mathews underneath. I don't see "stud-like" numbers from any of the wideouts.

What about Mathews overall?

Surprise surprise on Meachem. Can't believe that Meachem didn't make Brees and that Brees actually made Meachem look a lot a lot better. My money is on Floyd. Great chemistry with Rivers and has a lot of talent. I like to handcuff him with Vincent Brown though since he gets injured frequently.

Surprise surprise on Meachem. Can't believe that Meachem didn't make Brees and that Brees actually made Meachem look a lot a lot better. My money is on Floyd. Great chemistry with Rivers and has a lot of talent. I like to handcuff him with Vincent Brown though since he gets injured frequently.

This. Floyd plays very well when healthy, but how often is he healthy? It's up to Brown to step up and show he's ready.

Please let it be Brown. I threw back some older WR to the pool in my Dynasty league to keep him. I am rolling the dice that he has a mini break out this year and a full one next year.

On that last SD drive, admittedly with Rivers on the bench, Brown was catching everything thrown near him. Looked pretty good.

It wasn't against Green Bay's defensive starters, but he DID look pretty good!! :tup: