[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trent Richardson's minor procedure

loaf

Whoa. Any player visiting Andrews is worthy of concern. I saw something about his getting scoped last spring also.

I'm not a Browns' fan or a Richardson owner in FF, but if I were either I'd be very concerned.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Always cause for concern. Even if the injury isn't an issue, any time away from the team during training camp is not good for his development.

Hopefully it is minor, and he'll be back soon and fully participating in practice and pre-season games.

If Richardson is seeing Andrews and Hardesty is his backup, it looks like I'd better hang onto Ogbonnayababananarama

and his name shall be Silent G ;)

Had him on my team last year, and took some time getting used to spelling his name.

Remember the quality of the team on the field has little to do with the overall value of the franchise.

Otherwise how would the Browns be worth over $1 BILLION?

I don't know if you have a funny bone in your body...

The factory of sadness continues.

Inside sources tell Fox 8′s John Telich the running back will have surgery Thursday at 9 a.m. and will likely miss the preseason.

Richardson sat out practice on Tuesday with a sore knee and head coach Pat Shurmur released a statement on Wednesday that the first-round draft pick was on his way to Florida.

“Trent Richardson is traveling to Pensacola, Fla., where he will have his left knee further evaluated by Dr. James Andrews (Thursday),” the statement read.

Dr. Andrews performed the original surgery on Richardson’s left knee in February.

Inside sources tell Fox 8′s John Telich the running back will have surgery Thursday at 9 a.m. and will likely miss the preseason.

Richardson sat out practice on Tuesday with a sore knee and head coach Pat Shurmur released a statement on Wednesday that the first-round draft pick was on his way to Florida.

“Trent Richardson is traveling to Pensacola, Fla., where he will have his left knee further evaluated by Dr. James Andrews (Thursday),” the statement read.

Dr. Andrews performed the original surgery on Richardson’s left knee in February.

Damn! Truly sorry Browns fans. Hopefully he'll come back better than ever. I'm looking forward to watching him run in the NFL.

Damn! Truly sorry Browns fans. Hopefully he'll come back better than ever. I'm looking forward to watching him run in the NFL.

you aren't the only one...it seems that every year since we returned, the RBs have been alternating between bad seasons and good seasons. This was to be a good season...

you aren't the only one...it seems that every year since we returned, the RBs have been alternating between bad seasons and good seasons. This was to be a good season...

I think that trend will continue this year, but not sure about next year.

As I hit the publish button on the last post, Chris Mortenson of ESPN tweeted the following:

Trent Richardson’s visit to Dr. Andrews includes tentatively scheduled arthroscopic surgery to clean up loose particle of cartilage.

Richardson’s surgery would be considered as proactive minor procedure; a “hang nail particle” not related to meniscus repair on same knee.

Richardson is expected to be ready for season opener, if not sooner.

Here’s how those tweets break down:

Richardson will have arthroscopic surgery tomorrow to remove a small piece of meniscus from his knee. The suggestion is that the fragment is very small and not in the same region of lateral meniscus tissue that was repaired in February. That would dovetail nicely with the report earlier today that the MRI findings were “not a big deal.” The minor procedure will likely only require 2-3 weeks of rehab time and Richardson should be back before the end of the preseason.

In other news, the Cleveland fan base let out a collective sigh of relief that has those living on the edge of Lake Erie under a tsunami watch.

I don’t think there’s anything particularly fishy in Mortenson’s report. It’s great news for Richardson, who has already recovered well from a similar procedure earlier this year, since it seems likely that he won’t be losing a significant amount of cartilage and apparently isn’t continuing to have difficulty in the area of his previous tear.

Still, any removal of meniscal tissue should be seen for what it is — the loss of tissue that cushions the knee joint from impact. I’m not about to speculate that Richardson will have a shorter, less successful career than hoped after these two procedures. On the contrary, I commonly cite Maurice Jones-Drew and Marques Colston as players who have overcome serious meniscal damage to play at a very high level. But you should also not dismiss the possibility that we’ll be discussing his knees frequently in coming seasons.

Barring a surprise finding during tomorrow’s scope or a setback in the rehab process, expect Richardson to be ready to go on opening weekend.

loaf,

I do have a hard time picking up on humor, hard to detect in people's posts and don't have a feel for people yet. So I thought you were serious, and also wanted to re-emphasize franchise value is not tied heavily to team success (esp. in NFL).

I was bummed to hear this morning that "he will have surgery and should be back for the regular season". I guess that is better than missing the first few weeks, but for a rookie with limited training camp and now no pre-season games it will set him back quite a bit. Hardesty, Jackson and Ogbonnaya will have to fill in, and it won't be until late in the seasno or 2013 until we really know that Richardson could mean to this offense.

loaf,

I do have a hard time picking up on humor, hard to detect in people's posts and don't have a feel for people yet. So I thought you were serious, and also wanted to re-emphasize franchise value is not tied heavily to team success (esp. in NFL).

I was bummed to hear this morning that "he will have surgery and should be back for the regular season". I guess that is better than missing the first few weeks, but for a rookie with limited training camp and now no pre-season games it will set him back quite a bit. Hardesty, Jackson and Ogbonnaya will have to fill in, and it won't be until late in the seasno or 2013 until we really know that Richardson could mean to this offense.

Dude this is a FF forum. No need to write letters to your Browns butt buddy about your feelings and how you have no idea how humans function.