[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TO vs Moss who has more value?

osu1322

Who's going to have more fantasy impact this year TO or Randy Moss???

Moss is in SF where there is a solid running game but I don't really see Alex Smith just throwing it up to Moss... I also think Harbraugh is still going to have a tight grip on the reigns of the offense.

TO just landed in Seattle. There are other WRs looking to be #1 and even though Matt Flynn has showed promise he isn't a seasoned vet.....

Who's worth drafting this year???

Pending any amazing flashes during the preseason, I don't take either until I'm in the "what the hell?" stage of the draft. You know, a point where you're taking guys that you'd be totally thrilled if they even end up being your flex.

As far as which one over the other? I'd say that's pretty much a coin flip.

As big a fan of Moss' talent as I have been over his career, I am going to say Owens in this case. Drama aside, TO (even if its purely for his own benefit) seems to almost always give effort in games and that's more than I can say for Moss. Sounds like Owens is broke and desperate to keep his career going. I can see him finding a way to become a bigger part of the Seachickens offense than we may think. I believe Moss is just playing to get a ring at this point and I can see him shuttin 'er down if/when he's just a bit player in Frisco's offense. I am not sure Alex Smith is the type of QB that can help Moss optimize what he's got left. I could certainly be proven wrong, though. They could both surprise but just as easily meltdown and not finish the season.

I'm slightly biased, but still have to say Owens. He ran a 4.4 forty for his workout and like Bass said, he still has a great work ethic, even when his head isn't screwed on right.

I also like his QB better, even if he isn't as "proven" as Alex Smith. Plus according to the Huddle's Strength of Schedule Swings, Seattle is set up for a sweet schedule.

Lastly, Sidney Rice just can't stay healthy, man. T.O. is going to be one of our starters. Guaranteed.

• Like 1

I have been a Moss fan for his career so maybe I'm drinking the Kool-Aid hearing the news outta San Fran about him looking great and sitting at the front of film sessions and whatever. Think the guy can still play and I think Harbaugh is smart enough to know what this offense needs to do to stay with the front of the pack in the NFC and NFL overall. I will do my best not to draft either too high but if I had to choose, I'll take a flier on Moss.

I don't believe the Niners will change their offensive philosophy much this year. After loading up on RBs, I still think they plan on running the ball(maybe even more than last year) and having Smith manage the game. Yeah, sure, they added Moss and Manningham, but I think it's more for the threat of them throwing deep to keep defenses honest than them actually gameplanning to throw deep. As good a QB coach as Harbough may be, he's not going to transform Smith into some stud deep passer. I think even his own ego knows this. Plus, Moss has to compete with too many others for passes, when they do throw. I can see entire second halves when he gets maybe one or two catches while the Niners run the ball with a decent lead. You don't think he'll get bored and just start running routes half-assed then?

Owens doesn't have as much competition. He always plays hard. He needs to play well to stay in the league. And Carroll prefers big receivers. The Seahawks offense will probably look a lot like the Niners, but Owens will have more opportunites.

Edited by Tripleshot

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe the Niners will change their offensive philosophy much this year. After loading up on RBs, I still think they plan on running the ball(maybe even more than last year) and having Smith manage the game. Yeah, sure, they added Moss and Manningham, but I think it's more for the threat of them throwing deep to keep defenses honest than them actually gameplanning to throw deep. As good a QB coach as Harbough may be, he's not going to transform Smith into some stud deep passer. I think even his own ego knows this. Plus, Moss has to compete with too many others for passes, when they do throw. I can see entire second halves when he gets maybe one or two catches while the Niners run the ball with a decent lead. You don't think he'll get bored and just start running routes half-assed then?

Owens doesn't have as much competition. He always plays hard. He needs to play well to stay in the league. And Carroll prefers big receivers. The Seahawks offense will probably look a lot like the Niners, but Owens will have more opportunites.

:rofl:

As big a fan of Moss' talent as I have been over his career, I am going to say Owens in this case. Drama aside, TO (even if its purely for his own benefit) seems to almost always give effort in games and that's more than I can say for Moss. Sounds like Owens is broke and desperate to keep his career going. I can see him finding a way to become a bigger part of the Seachickens offense than we may think. I believe Moss is just playing to get a ring at this point and I can see him shuttin 'er down if/when he's just a bit player in Frisco's offense. I am not sure Alex Smith is the type of QB that can help Moss optimize what he's got left. I could certainly be proven wrong, though. They could both surprise but just as easily meltdown and not finish the season.

Whoops! It appears I greatly over-estimated what Owens has left at this point. Remains to be seen what Moss will do but it certainly looks like he was the correct answer to the OP's question.