[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fred Jackson vs CJ Spiller: Touches Per Game

captain77

This running back tandem really intrigues me. Fred Jackson was a stud before he got hurt last year but Spiller is obviously the future and looked pretty good taking over for the injured 30 year old rb. I assume Spiller will eat into Jackson's workload but will it be enough to hurt Jackson's value or make Spiller relevant?

To me, Buff has two talented backs that will hurt (potentially kill) each other's fantasy value.

Any thoughts?

Fred Jackson was 30 last year, so that myth is already put to rest. There's nothing magical about the age, or even really the age range, it's much more about workload and mileage. Jackson only has around 1000 total touches, which is a light 3 years' worth of a feature back's. That plus his game really isn't about speed, so even if he starts losing a 1/2 step or so it's not going to impact him like it would others.

I think they will find ways to get Spiller involved without infringing much on Jackson's value.

Christopher Harris is all over Spiller as a value pick and believes he'll catch at least 50 balls. I don't know about that, but he could be a steal in 10-11th.

I doubt Spiller will be available even close to round 11.

When Jackson went down last year, the Bills went from a potential playoff contender to losing 6 of their last 7... Though I guess it should be noted that their struggles started a couple of games before Jackson got hurt, so it might not have just been due to losing him, but it sure didn't help. It was clear the offense ran through him when healthy though.

IMO, as long as Jackson's healthy, he'll get the lion's share. I don't think them finding ways to use Spilller should limit his carries much.

Edited by delusions of grandeur

Jackson will be premiere back until/if he gets hurt. If and when that happens CJ will put up RB2 numbers IMO quite easily. He is having an amazing camp.

Agree.

I think Fred Jackson is be insanely under valued right now. Spiller did look good in relief, but Fred Jackson looked elite. Everything I'm reading says Jackson is 100%. I read that in redzone/Goal line drills yesterday Jackson took every snap, and was dominant.

I think Fred Jackson is somewhere around RB10, with Spiller still getting meaningful production.

When Jackson went down last year, the Bills went from a potential playoff contender to losing 6 of their last 7... Though I guess it should be noted that their struggles started a couple of games before Jackson got hurt, so it might not have just been due to losing him, but it sure didn't help. It was clear the offense ran through him when healthy though.

IMO, as long as Jackson's healthy, he'll get the lion's share. I don't think them finding ways to use Spilller should limit his carries much.

I thought they started going down hill, once Fitz got his contract.

Fred Jackson is one of those gems you can pick up for crazy value while people are chasing the Trent richardsons and Ryan Mathews of the world - especially if you go QB hunting in round 1. Broken bones heal no problem, unlike ligaments or tendons. Sure, he's >30 but he was money before injury and I see no good reason why that can't continue. Spiller is not a good reason.