[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flynn and Wilson

Ditkaless Wonders

Definitely an improvement over watching TJax. Flynn looked decisive and efficient. Every part the game manager. He took exactly zero shots down the field though. He got rid of it quickly. Looked great for not having his top 5 receiving options or his RB.

Wilson played with and against backups, and largely played rat-ball, which is where a dual-threat QB will excel, but is also not the kind of game that is played on Sundays during the regular season. He comes away with a very positive grade, and showed good touch on a deep ball to Braylon, which Braylon made an outstanding play on for a TD. We won't know anything about Wilson unless he gets a shot to play against the #1's, as he was far from comfortable in the pocket. Good starting point, but a long ways to go.

At any rate, yes, Seahawks fans are stoked. We just might not have one of the most dismal passing offenses in the NFL in the coming years. Just wait until one zero gets into the mix! Got my popcorn ready!

Yeah I thought they both looked good. I was looking for Flynn to throw it deep and considering I drafted the guy already, I hope this doesn't continue to be an issue...

Some people are so hung up on QBs throwing the deep ball. We know Flynn can throw deep - we've seen him do it already in regular season games. But his strength is hyperaccuracy in the short to intermediate zones. When he is on he throws guys open - which can lead to very long catch-and-runs. This is also Brady's meat-and-potatoes, as it was Montana's.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I sure hope you're right Billy. I never saw him play in GB. All I saw last night was a bunch of check downs and short routes. But yeah he did look very accurate with good velocity. Our last backup from GB worked out pretty well for us so I'm still optimistic.

Give Wilson a go with the 1's and see how he does.

As for Flynn he only started 2 games in GB but the one last year did throw deep and did it well. I think he'll start the season but think Wilson may get the job eventually. Everything is guess work at this point thought so only time will tell.