[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Plaxico Burress visiting with New England

bostonsoxandy

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/19/plaxico-burress

ESPN's Adam Schefter is reporting that Plaxico Burress is on his way to New England to work out for the Patriots.

The Patriots already have a logjam at wide receiver, so this could simply be due diligence. If Burress latches on, both Deion Branch and Donte' Stallworth could be out. The three would likely be competing for one roster spot. Even if he sticks, the 35-year-old Burress wouldn't see more than a handful of snaps each game, likely working primarily in red-zone packages. Aug 12 - 11:18 AM

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Not sure what to make of this, doubt anything comes from it.

Hoodie punted Moss at the first sign of discontent, no? Cant imagine NE would really bring in a guy who has proven over and over that he's not only a complete Grade A moran but also not willing to abide by the rules set at team, league, or society level. Pats passing O seems strong enough that Burress is trouble they dont need, IMO.

Hoodie punted Moss at the first sign of discontent, no? Cant imagine NE would really bring in a guy who has proven over and over that he's not only a complete Grade A moran but also not willing to abide by the rules set at team, league, or society level. Pats passing O seems strong enough that Burress is trouble they dont need, IMO.

I don't know though, he brought in Ochocinco and Haynesworth last year. This would fit right in with those moves. I don't see a need for it, although he is a sexy player to add to the team. Welker running the slot, Lloyd as the #1, Plax as the #2, then Gronk and Hernandez as two TEs, with Ridley/Vereen catching the ball out of the backfield is absolutely unstoppable in theory.

I don't know though, he brought in Ochocinco and Haynesworth last year. This would fit right in with those moves. I don't see a need for it, although he is a sexy player to add to the team. Welker running the slot, Lloyd as the #1, Plax as the #2, then Gronk and Hernandez as two TEs, with Ridley/Vereen catching the ball out of the backfield is absolutely unstoppable in theory.

I hear ya. Burress can probably add an element to that offense that makes them even more of a nightmare to stop. I just think he's proven himself enough of a POS that they wouldnt bother at this point. I could certainly be wrong, though.

Dillon and Moss were labelled malcontents but not really "bad" guys per se. They had good results bringing those guys in.

85 is just more of a clown and Hanynesworth a lazy, malcontent w/ bonus thug appeal. Results not so good with those guys.

Burress I think would be the worst case of malcontent, thug, clown, moran, etc of them all. I wouldnt go there if I was NE but I cant really sit here and question an organization with that kind of success.

Edited by Delicious_bass

A cynic would say he should have learned from his mistakes. Me, I like the willingness of a coach to consider all options. Meself, I am not a believer in prima donna W.R.'s well past their prime. I do sort of like humbled W.R.'s seeking to shine some tarnish off of their legacy. I don't know which Plaxico is, but damn, his career has been longstanding evidence of a two cent head.