[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beak up the Colts?

CaptainHook

Pre.

Season.

Against.

The.

Rams.

Hey Buzz Killington, lighten up. It's a rookie's first live snaps against pros who aren't on his team and, I would imagine, are trying reasonably hard to stop him.

And he looked great.

I haven't been this excited about a Colts team in a while. I know it was the Rams, but the Colts looked well coached, well prepared, and had some depth. Luck looked phenomenal. He had three on the money passes that were dropped, otherwise his numbers would have been even better. He looked calm, and composed in the pocket, and completely in charge of the offense. And the weapons! Wayne and Collie of course, but there are a ton of good young players on this team. TY Hilton, Quan Cosby, and Lavon Brazill made a couple great catches. Fleener and Allen. Donald Brown, Mewelde Moore, Delone Carter, and Vick Ballard.

Defensively the Colts are adjusting to a hybrid 3-4 defense and I love it! Jerry Hughes looked like he finally found his niche on defense. The secondary is a concern, but you can't fix everything at once. However, if Angerer is seriously hurt, that would be a hugh blow.

I was thinking 4 wins for the Colts, but now I am optimistic that 6 or 8 is in the realm of possibility The Colts have over $40 million of cap space next year . . . they could be building something special . . .

Edited by CaptainHook

I agree . . . in three years we may be saying that Manning's neck injury was the best thing that happened to the Colts since winning the Super Bowl.

That would be a sad testament to a guy who did so much for the Colts.

Edited by Scorcher

But Peyton Manning was instrumental in winning that Super Bowl. I love Peyton . . . but if we had to endure one really bad season to land another franchise QB and 10+ more years of quality football . . . I'll take it.

Does what Tim Duncan has done diminish David Robinson's career?

Edited by CaptainHook

Hey Buzz Killington, lighten up. It's a rookie's first live snaps against pros who aren't on his team and, I would imagine, are trying reasonably hard to stop him.

And he looked great.

+1. Luck had a great first showing. He was incredibly on point. What amazed me most beyond the fact that he can make all the throws was how well he performed under pressure because the line did not block all that well. He did not get sacked once and was able to throw the ball away when there was nothing there.

But Peyton Manning was instrumental in winning that Super Bowl. I love Peyton . . . but if we had to endure one really bad season to land another franchise QB and 10+ more years of quality football . . . I'll take it.

Does what Tim Duncan has done diminish David Robinson's career?

Kind of like Brett Favre and that new kid, #12

Yes. This is not new. The 49ers had Joe Montana and then Steve Young. The Packers had Brett Favre and now Aaron Rogers. I'd be fine mentioning Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck with those guys.

Edited by CaptainHook