[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beak up the Colts?

CaptainHook

Hey Buzz Killington, lighten up. It's a rookie's first live snaps against pros who aren't on his team and, I would imagine, are trying reasonably hard to stop him.

And he looked great.

Rams went 4-0 in preseason last year.

Rams were (arguably) just as bad or worse than the Colts last year.

In no way am I saying he won't be good or is not good now.

Sorry to rain on the circle jerk for Luck here, just not willing to drink the kool-aid after one pre-season performance against a very sub-par team. Sure, Luck could be Cam Newton v.2012, or Peyton Manning v2.0. How's about we let him do some of this in the regular season before casting judgement... :shrug:

<monocle> Now... let's talk about bridges. </monocle>

All the tanking talk is cracking me up. Why did the Colts win two of their last three games? And were in position to win the finale and lose the first overall pick? The Colts earned the first overall pick last year because they stunk. Because Curtis Painter and Kerry Collins were their quarterbacks. Because they had a myriad of offensive line injuries. Because their defense has been neglected for years. And because one of the greatest QB's of all time, who can cover a lot of deficiencies, missed the entire year with a neck injury. All this talk of tanking is absurd.

I think it's jealousy really. All these teams that have been looking for a franchise QB for years think they deserve it more than the Colts who had Peyton Manning for 13 years. I get that. But it's not because they tanked.

This might be the funniest thing I have read in a will.

Why is that? Three years of Jim Caldwell running this team into the ground was hard to watch.

It was fun to see some new faces. New offense. New defensive schemes.

It was nice to see them trying to improve the defense instead of it being ignored and the weak link. It was nice to see some depth and a second and third string that can compete, instead of being so top heavy with over-priced starters.

Edited by CaptainHook

I don't understand how a die hard Colts fan can say the best thing to happen is Manning having a neck injury.. where is the loyalty in arguably the best QB of all time? And this is BEFORE the opening game of the season.

I get it you're excited about Luck, but damn Manning bled your colors for such a long time.

I love Peyton Manning! I will still root for him as a bronco. But the fact is, Peyton had less than five years to play on the backside of his career. If his injury results in the Colts getting another franchise quarterback, that's a good thing in the long run for the franchise.

Die Hard Colts fan here. Grew up in Indy almost all my life. Love Manning and wish nothing but the best for him. However based on our situation without him for a year. I am glad we are rebuilding. I want Manning to have another chance at a superbowl and he wasn't doing it in Indy this year that's for sure.

Nothing wrong with being excited about Luck and even if they did tank, who gives a ****? lmao

Why is that? Three years of Jim Caldwell running this team into the ground was hard to watch.

It was fun to see some new faces. New offense. New defensive schemes.

It was nice to see them trying to improve the defense instead of it being ignored and the weak link. It was nice to see some depth and a second and third string that can compete, instead of being so top heavy with over-priced starters.

I think the point is you make it sound like the Colts are some long suffering franchise that hasn't had a bright future in a long time. They have recently won a SB, and were one of the best teams in the league for at least 5 years (lack of playoff success not withstanding).

Its not like you're a Lions, Browns, Jaguars, Bengals or other bad team fan who is "the most excited they've been in years". I suppose any fan can have that feeling, its just that you usually hear that from those whose teams have not had any recent success.

Glad that luck looked good. And yes there are many teams and fans that are jealous that you may have hit on another great franchise QB after having one of the best just 2 years ago.

I don't think I ever implied they were a long suffering franchise (although if you were a fan in the 80's or 90's they were) but the Colts had peaked. They were an offensive finesse team that passed too much and didn't play defense. Peyton Manning was able to get them to two Super Bowls and win one. But "diehard" Colts fans knew we missed our window to be a dynasty.

And despite how much I respect and admire Peyton, he was not a big-game player. We all knew how the playoffs would end, with the Colts losing a game they could/should have won.

So yes, I'm excited for a new regime, new players, new coaching staff, and new franchise QB. It feels like 1998 again. So much promise for the future . . . hopefully the Colts learned their lesson, and can build a great team that wins multiple championships, instead of a great team that won multiple AFC South Championships and one SB.

I don't think I ever implied they were a long suffering franchise (although if you were a fan in the 80's or 90's they were) but the Colts had peaked. They were an offensive finesse team that passed too much and didn't play defense. Peyton Manning was able to get them to two Super Bowls and win one. But "diehard" Colts fans knew we missed our window to be a dynasty.

And despite how much I respect and admire Peyton, he was not a big-game player. We all knew how the playoffs would end, with the Colts losing a game they could/should have won.

So yes, I'm excited for a new regime, new players, new coaching staff, and new franchise QB. It feels like 1998 again. So much promise for the future . . . hopefully the Colts learned their lesson, and can build a great team that wins multiple championships, instead of a great team that won multiple AFC South Championships and one SB.

Huh? In one sentence, he "was able to get them to two Super Bowls and win one", and in the next, he "was not a big-game player".

:hscratch:

Am I the only one here who is waiting for a performance (in the regular season, no less) against a team who has been THE worst in football over any three year span?