[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sproles vs Charles vs Sjax?

robert terni

Sproles, Charles and SJax in that order for me. Sproles is an absolute MONSTER in PPR. Charles and SJax are closer as Charles should be big in PPR and is so elusive. However, SJax is such a workhorse in St. Louis.

I love Sproles and have taken him in the early 2nd, but in the SOFA IDP draft I passed on him at 2.12/3.1 and he fell to 3.8 I think...PPR league too...so what I'm saying is you might be able to get him at a better value in your league.

I love Sproles and have taken him in the early 2nd, but in the SOFA IDP draft I passed on him at 2.12/3.1 and he fell to 3.8 I think...PPR league too...so what I'm saying is you might be able to get him at a better value in your league.

that makes no sense why we would fall that far. And you guys call yourselves experts! :D

Edited by delfamdelfam

I can tell you right now Hillis is going to get plenty of action. You may even see a 50/50 split for him and Charles.

so? Charles split carries with Thomas 2 years ago and still was pretty productive.

I can tell you right now Hillis is going to get plenty of action. You may even see a 50/50 split for him and Charles.

CD, you care to pontificate? Not that I doubt you, just the opposite, you've nailed it with homer insight before.

Are the hesitant because of the injury? Not convinced Charles has the physical makeup for a bell-cow? Both or something else?

CD, you care to pontificate? Not that I doubt you, just the opposite, you've nailed it with homer insight before.

Are the hesitant because of the injury? Not convinced Charles has the physical makeup for a bell-cow? Both or something else?

CD, do you think Hillis could get solid RB2 #'s? If Charles were to go down, do you think Hillis would be a stong RB1?

I agree with Irish, Keg, and the rest of the consensus.

Sproles is the best pick. I had him last year in my Performance PPR league and he was a monster, not only in rushing, receptions, but also special teams play.

It's not really the injury. Personally, judging by what he has said and how he looked last week, he looks pretty healthy and unafraid to me.

I just think with Daboll as the OC, he had Hillis in Cleveland when Hillis had the great year. And with the weapons the Chiefs have (can't believe I just typed that), I think Daboll is going to mix it up quite a bit: between Charles and Hillis running and catching out of the backfield, McCluster will get some short routes, the receivers are better and the tight ends are hardly being talked about, but with Boss and Moeaki there are options there also. The offensive line should be better, so I can see this offense sneaking up on a lot of people.

I just don't see them overworking Charles, so if it's me I'm not sure I draft him as my #1.

CD, do you think Hillis could get solid RB2 #'s? If Charles were to go down, do you think Hillis would be a stong RB1?

Don't know for sure. I think if Charles were to go down, Hillis would be a strong RB1.

Heck, if either of them go down, whoever is left would be a strong RB1.

Even though it was early last year, I still can't shake the fact that Charles is coming back from an ACL tear. RBs coming back from ACL injuries tend to take a while to recover both physically and mentally. That alone would have me taking SJax over him. I think Jeff Fisher will squeeze whatever's left out of SJax's tank this year.

I'm with CD on Hillis. He is a GREAT value in drafts and can be nabbed as an RB3/Flex or lower in most leagues, and I'd be surprised if he wasn't a regular in most starting lineups this year regardless of Charles' health. This is a running team with a good offensive line that can support two RBs (Think pre-Cam Carolina).

Even though it was early last year, I still can't shake the fact that Charles is coming back from an ACL tear. RBs coming back from ACL injuries tend to take a while to recover both physically and mentally. That alone would have me taking SJax over him. I think Jeff Fisher will squeeze whatever's left out of SJax's tank this year.

I'm with CD on Hillis. He is a GREAT value in drafts and can be nabbed as an RB3/Flex or lower in most leagues, and I'd be surprised if he wasn't a regular in most starting lineups this year regardless of Charles' health. This is a running team with a good offensive line that can support two RBs (Think pre-Cam Carolina).

Bingo! If you've watched Hillis this preseason (I know it's just preseason) but he looks awesome! I'm wondering if he may even vulture some additional goal line work as well. Love the upside on Hillis this year and I expect he will drop in drafts.

Bingo! If you've watched Hillis this preseason (I know it's just preseason) but he looks awesome! I'm wondering if he may even vulture some additional goal line work as well. Love the upside on Hillis this year and I expect he will drop in drafts.

Not if you guys keep talking about him. :whack:

I see that you went with Brandon Marshall and Matthews over Sproles and cruz. Did you pull that off your Huddle rankings? That's quite a change in thinking.

With all this Sproles love, it looks like no one is planning to discount him due to all of the turmoil going on in NO...

I like Sproles too, but what is the risk here with the HC suspended and god-know what else happening with his team?

ahhh drafts tonight and im still debating who to pick with my 2nd round..I believe charles sproles and sjax will be there..Charles is a risk due to hillis being in town. Sjax is just old can u hold up all season? plus plays on a CHIPS AHOY!ty team..Sproles splits with 2 other rbs so will the opportunities be there like last yr? UGHHHH lol

With all this Sproles love, it looks like no one is planning to discount him due to all of the turmoil going on in NO...

I like Sproles too, but what is the risk here with the HC suspended and god-know what else happening with his team?

No one is discounting Jimmy Graham either. Gronk outscored him in 10 of 15 weeks last year but now this year Graham is ahead of him. Some people have used the term way ahead or by alot. Go figure.

Edited by MikesVikes

I look at how Fisher likes to run the ball, and the kind of physical back Jackson is, and I think it's a fantasy match made in heaven. SJ may only have one top year of abuse left in him for all I know, but I do believe Fisher is gonna run his ass into the ground Eddie George-style.

I see that you went with Brandon Marshall and Matthews over Sproles and cruz. Did you pull that off your Huddle rankings? That's quite a change in thinking.

I don't have any rankings published on the huddle...the Matthews over Sproles selection wasn't easy, debated it over and over...As for Marshall, the only WRs I consider over him this year are CJ, Welker & AJ Green. Yes I like him that much. Edited by keggerz