[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big News!

irish

Well fellas as sad as things have been, after all the bullsh!t I've been through over the past 2 years going through my divorce and losing everything I ever knew in my life- my entire family, some close friends, money, my house, etc. I have some very positive news! And the beauty is that because I have no family to share this with, you guys are the next closest thing to a family, so here it is...

I've been dating a wonderful woman for awhile now and just yesterday (after much thought over the past months), I picked up the engagement ring from the Jewelers. Some time in the near future, I'll be taking a big step towards tying the knot with this fine woman!

I'm pretty pumped!!!

So, there you have it and other than Michelle and my 2 kids, thanks for being all I've had for the past 2 years. It hasn't been easy but better times are ahead (with or without my family).

Ok, someone's gotta say it.

Irish, are you sure that you are doing the right thing and not proposing too quickly in light of all of what you are going through?

From your posts I can tell you are in a very tough position right now. You have seemingly lost most everything in your life and currently need something to hang on to. In my experience, during rough times like these, people look for something to latch on to and in some cases it is the first thing that gives them comfort (which in the long run may not necessarily be the "best" thing for that person.)

I have had friends who have gone through divorces and ended up marrying the first person they dated, the person who rode through the divorce with them. Unfortunately, that has typically ended up in a pretty quick divorce as well. One guy in particular went through a nasty divorce with his first wife of 12 years, got married two years later to the girl that he started dating shortly there after, then divorced about two years later, rinse, wash, repeat a few times. He is now on his fourth marriage and has lost two houses, two boats, three cars, a bunch of cash and has been through a lot of heartbreak.

I do wish you the best of luck and hope that this girl is the right one, but just wanted to throw this out there and have you do some introspection before you get your tail caught in the door.

Thanks all. I hear what many are saying and have thought a lot about this decision. This woman is the reason I left my wife. I have known her for the better part of 7-8 years. She was a co-worker and a friend who I developed feelings for over time as I got to know her more and realized how unhappy I was in my life. I got married too young, basically picked a girl that my mom wanted for me and I was unfulfilled. There were crucial shortcomings in my marriage and leaving it was difficult because I was aware that I would be losing my entire family as well. This woman I am about to propose to is not someone I know for just a year, or even 2. We have been through a lot together and she really is as perfect a fit for me as I can get. I'm a lucky guy to have met her, worked with her and I have learned a lot about myself and relationships by being with her.

Thanks for the well wishes and I know that the concern/advise you all dish out is because you care and are wanting me to make the best decisions for myself. This place, you guys, have held me up on many occasions over the past 2 years, more than you'll ever know. You guys also helped me see the light and teach me things about who I was and helped me become who I am today. The flaws in my personality and why they were there, were not as obvious to me and it took a lot of soul searching to uncover many painful truths. A brighter future and better times are here and still to come...

Thanks.

Does she know about your unhealthy addiction to travel magazines?

LoL! Actually, she does. The story came up and it feels good to have all my skeletons out of the closet.