[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Chris Johnson going to play hard this year?

BA Baracus

Does anyone have anything solid to base their opinion on? I have heard some say he's working hard in camp, but then he played like crap in the preseason game. He showed up for pre-camp team workouts for the first time in his career, but he has yet to acknowledge publicly (as far as I know) that he kinda sucked last year.

Anyhow, I know everyone has an opinion on this dude, so if you can share a little bit about the basis of your opinion, I would really appreciate it.

Personally, I think that he will try to run hard this year, but that the suckiness of the titans will limit his success. I see something like 1400 yds and 10-12 TD's as pretty doable for him. I'm thinking his poor play in the preseason game can be chalked up to a combination of the offense trying new things and CJ being sort of a dumb guy anyhow. But I think that physically, he is back this year.

Comments?

I happened to catch the interview with him on Jim Rome yesterday and was anything but impressed. He seemed to sort of downplay last year and essentially dodged any questions about whether or not he had much to prove.

He did say that he's looking forward to having a full camp and all that and apparently put on 7 lbs of muscle since last year. So it's not like he was completely blase.

But I was hoping to hear him say that he more of a chip on his shoulder than he did.

Money changes people. Some more than others. I don't trust him at all. He just doesn't seem motivated at all. I'd have been embarrassed with the goings on of last year. He seems to not care. You see Emmitt Smith ever do that?

• Like 1

The more I read about this guy while trying to evaluate/rank him for my drafts (and I have read a ton), the more confused and torn I get...but I think I'm gonna fall on the side of trusting a pretty high floor with nice upside as the #5 RB behind the big 3 and DMC.