[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What would you consider to be your top 5 RB situations to avoid?

MTSuper7

Obviously Shanahan and the Redskins are on this list, probably at the top... But I'm wondering what other teams you feel aren't worth the headache of owning any of the RBs... Here's my list:

1. Washington - This should be obvious. Their leading rusher for 2012 probably isn't even on their roster yet, it's that ridiculous.

2. Pittsburgh - Redman isn't a great talent, even without his latest injury. Mendenhall coming back makes it muddy. Dwyer is talented but snake bitten, and the rookie speedster will mix in a little. All this on what figures to be a pass-first team. I'll pass.

3. San Francisco - If Gore's draft position continues to drop, he's probably worth a gamble. But this situation just feels like an unpredictable mess. Jacobs gets goalline carries I guess... Hunter splits work with Gore. LaMichael James gets a handful of touches too? At least the 49ers figure to run the ball, but I get the feeling there won't be a clear cut winner in this race.

4. Miami - I just don't believe in Reggie Bush as a bell cow. And I don't think the new coaching staff sees him that way. So whats the plan then? Some sort of mix of Bush, Thomas and Miller? On a team who figures to suck a lot this year with no WRs and a rookie QB. I would be shocked if I ended up with any Dolphins on any of my fantasy teams this year.

5. Arizona - Not even looking at the RBs there, we have a team that looks like it is going to have one of the worst offensive lines in the league and who is likely to have John Skelton as its starting QB. The only way I'd draft their RB is if they had a clear cut every down back. Instead, we get the underwhelming Beanie Wells, Ryan Williams coming off a serious knee injury, and maybe some Alphonso Smith. Uh... No thanks.

Gotta add NE to the list. Everyone [the media] thought Ridley would simply take over as the feature back now that BJGE is gone. I hate to say they are wrong but they are dead wrong. Vereen is coming on hot and impressed first preseason game, Branden Bolden could easily carve out goal-line situation carries with his big, BJGE-esque frame, and Woodhead is still gonna siphon off 3rd down carries. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

WAS- obviously

CAR - not enough TDs or touches to go around

NE- same deal as WAS though I think one will emerge like BGE last year just no idea who

KC - same as CAR

ARZ/PIT tie - ugh pass though Mendy may have value late in the season

I think Gore's a little undervalued. He's still going to get majority of goal line touches.

Also keeping my eye on Ryan Williams, esp. in my dynasty league.

+1 on Gore. He can still play and I've been getting him for 5th round value in someone leagues, I do that unquestionably. Dude is proven to be talented and will perform when healthy, which is more than suitable for me for a RB2

Top ten:

1. Detroit (ick)

2. New england

3. Carolina (cam newton, tolbert, williams and stewart might be the best rushing tandem in the nfl too bad they are all on the same team for fantasy value)

4. Washington (someone will have value here but who?)

5. Pittsburgh (terrible line, pass first, top back coming back from acl injury)

6. Arizona (injuries...)

7. Green bay

8. Miami

9. San fran (somebody will emrge and i dont belive it will be gore)

10. And right now Jacksonville. Dont think i would take mjd till late second at the earliest at this moment. But will probably avoid this situation entirely.

Disagree on KC. That will be a running offense on an improved offense, looking for 500 carries with Hillis & Jamaal combined. I do think that Jamaal is overvalued a little coming off of the ACL, I am surprised that there isn't more apprehension on him. I get it, he's young, his injury was early last season, but I don't believe we will see the real pre-injury Jamaal until late this year at best. But he will have pretty decent value. Hillis I think, is undervalued. He will get plenty of carries, especially in the first half of the season, and will be the "go to" goal line back. I think he will be a bargain at current ADP's and AAV's.

Edited by SecondString

10. And right now Jacksonville. Dont think i would take mjd till late second at the earliest at this moment. But will probably avoid this situation entirely.

My only problem with the Jacksonville is that you have to play it one of 2 ways. You know MJD is going to come back and start so you draft him while he's on the slide. OR MJD doesn't come back and you pick up Rashad Jennings late and expect him to be the feature back. I personally will gladly draft Rashad Jennings late and hope MJD holds out cause even if he does sign Jennings might still have value.

Uh . . . the Colts?

They have four running backs that will get carries. They have a suspect offensive line. They have a rookie QB. I'd avoid that RB situation like the plague.

Starter: Donald Brown

3rd down back: Mewelde Moore/Donald Brown

Goal line back: Delone Carter/Vick Ballard