[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2012 FF Fact/Fiction Thread

bostonsoxandy

Pretty simple idea here. The person who posts above you will ask a question that can be answered either either FACT or FICTION. You post your answer to their question and reasoning/rationale, and then post your own question. The chain goes on and on and on and on.....

OK so 1st question:

F/F: Jerome Simpson will finish as a respectable WR3 by the end of the year.

OK, I'll play.

F/F: Jerome Simpson will finish as a respectable WR3 by the end of the year.

If by 'respectable WR3' you mean numbers such as 47 / 750 / 3 ... fact.

Q2: CJ Spiller will finish the 2012 regular season with >5 total TDs ... fact or fiction?

Q2: CJ Spiller will finish the 2012 regular season with >5 total TDs ... fact or fiction?

Fiction. He had 6 last year, however, he scored 5 of them after Freddy Jackson got hurt. Sure, there should be more splitting this year but Jackson should score most of the TDs.

Q3: Somebody other than Foster, Rice or McCoy will finish the year as the #1 RB, who will it be, why?

Fiction. He had 6 last year, however, he scored 5 of them after Freddy Jackson got hurt. Sure, there should be more splitting this year but Jackson should score most of the TDs.

Q3: Somebody other than Foster, Rice or McCoy will finish the year as the #1 RB, who will it be, why?

Okay, I'll take this one...Fact. DMC defies all odds, doubters, and critics, plays all 16 games, and leads the league in rushing and in FF points for RB's.

Q4: Jordy Nelson passes Greg Jennings to be the #1 WR in GreenBay.

Okay, I'll take this one...Fact. DMC defies all odds, doubters, and critics, plays all 16 games, and leads the league in rushing and in FF points for RB's.

Q4: Jordy Nelson passes Greg Jennings to be the #1 WR in GreenBay.

A: Don't look now but it already happened. Nelson may have had less catches than Jennings but he had more yardage and TDs. Nelson is the #1 in GB.

Q: From these pairings/groupings, who will be the better WR in FF this year, Blackmon or L. Robinson? Nate Washington, Britt or Kendall Wright? Malcolm Floyd, Meachum or Vincent Brown? Amendola, Quick or Steve Smith? Moore or Heyward-Bey? Crabtree or R. Moss? Dem. Thomas or Decker? Wallace or A. Brown? Maclin or Des. Jackson? Austin or Bryant? R. White or Jul. Jones?

Edited by irish

Josh Freeman will have greater than 26 TDs

Let's see he has gone 10-25-20 total TDs per season his first three seasons. He took a decent size step backwards last season and this offseason they add Carl Nicks and Vincent Jackson. I'm going to say fact, I think the addition of VJax, and also a better year from Mike Williams, will propel him to the high 20s.

Fact/Fiction Roger Griffin III will finish this season as a top-10 QB.

Fact/Fiction Roger Griffin III will finish this season as a top-10 QB.

Fact. Shannihan will use RGlll to his strenghts, rolling him out, short throws over the middle, and occasionally starting him at running back.

Fact/fiction Aaron Hernandez will be the #1 tight end in New England

Fact/fiction: Darren Sproles will not end up the #1 RB for fantasy purposes in New Orleans.

Fiction. Sproles is a stud on that team. I won't believe in Ingram until I see it, and he, like Frenchy, have injury issues that will plague them down throughout the year. Sproles has relatively no injury concerns throughout his career and should benefit nicely from the departure of Meachem (means more targets for him)

F/F: Pierre Garcon will end the season as a top-15 WR.

F/F: Pierre Garcon will end the season as a top-15 WR.

Fiction. Griffin won't be asked to pass enough, and Santana Moss isn't nearly washed up enough for this much work to go to Garcon.

Fact or fiction: Foster, McCoy, and Rice will all end up top 10 RB's this season.

Fact. I just watched the Vikes/Bills game and Simpson looked very good. I realize he's suspended for 3 games but I can see him as a #3 WR by week 8-9

Fiction. Griffin won't be asked to pass enough, and Santana Moss isn't nearly washed up enough for this much work to go to Garcon.

Fact or fiction: Foster, McCoy, and Rice will all end up top 10 RB's this season.

Yeah I think Simpson is gonna turn some heads and play nicely across from Harvin, but that's just me [ and you I guess].

As for this question, I gotta go with fact. These three guys are solid. I don't buy Foster being a possible injury threat, as he finished top-10 easy peasey lemon squeezy last year and was about as injured as he will get, barring SERIOUS injury like ACL/MCL god forbid. Not concerned about McCoy/Rice. Safe as you get for return investment this season. Fact.

F/F: Reggie Bush will run for over 1300 total yards this season.

Fiction. 1300 total yards may not be out of the question, but I don't think he'll get enough carries to hit 1300 on the ground, and if they try he'll get hurt. I think we saw his ceiling last year.

F/F: Calvin Johnson will not finish the year as the #1 WR this year.

Fiction. 1300 total yards may not be out of the question, but I don't think he'll get enough carries to hit 1300 on the ground, and if they try he'll get hurt. I think we saw his ceiling last year.

F/F: Calvin Johnson will not finish the year as the #1 WR this year.

Fact. For him to be the #1 overall fantasy reciever this year he's gonna need another healthy Stafford season. Dont know if I can bank on that again.

F/F: MJD who? Rashad Jennings will be the running back to own in Jacksonville this year.

Fact. For him to be the #1 overall fantasy reciever this year he's gonna need another healthy Stafford season. Dont know if I can bank on that again.

F/F: MJD who? Rashad Jennings will be the running back to own in Jacksonville this year.

Fiction. MJD will sign and suck like CJ did last year, but they'll keep trying to ride him back which will render Jennings marginal.

Matt Ryan will be a top 5 QB

Fiction. Look for Reggie Bush to resume the role that he had the last few seasons in New Orleans. His rushing yardage will drop dramatically, while his passing number should improve a bit. I'm not convinced he'll even crack 1,000 total yards from scrimmage this year.

F/F: Antonio Brown will be a Top-10 WR in terms of fantasy production in PPR leagues.

Fiction. Look for Reggie Bush to resume the role that he had the last few seasons in New Orleans. His rushing yardage will drop dramatically, while his passing number should improve a bit. I'm not convinced he'll even crack 1,000 total yards from scrimmage this year.

F/F: Antonio Brown will be a Top-10 WR in terms of fantasy production in PPR leagues.

Fact, especially if you have return yards. He is more talented than Wallace, the running game is in shambles, they will throw a ton!

F/F Willis Mcgahee will run for over 1000 and post 8-10 Td's being a viable #2 RB

F/F Willis Mcgahee will run for over 1000 and post 8-10 Td's being a viable #2 RB

Fiction, I don't see McGahee getting 1000 rushing yards. He is 30 years old going 31 in October and had 1199 last year which was extremely impressive, but I highly doubt he can replicate that. I think 8-10 TDs is realistic but I think 800 yards is more reasonable than 1000. Still good decent respectable RB2 production.

F/F: 2 rookie running backs will finish in the top-15.

F/F: 2 rookie running backs will finish in the top-15.

Fact. Trent Richardson and Doug Martin won't crack the Top-10, but they'll be close.

F/F: RGIII will score more fantasy points than Peyton Manning this year.

Fact. Trent Richardson and Doug Martin won't crack the Top-10, but they'll be close.

F/F: RGIII will score more fantasy points than Peyton Manning this year.

Fiction...but close. Peyton will be solid but not spectacular in terms of FF production, spotty FF numbers in the first part of the season as they feel their way in that offense. But he will stay healthy and on the field. At least by mid-season, will be clicking, and be a solid, reliable play. RGIII will be even more unreliable in the first half as a fantasy play, also getting better by mid-season, but not quite keeping up with Peyton's numbers.

F/F? CJ2K goes over 1500 yards and 12 TD's.

Fiction...but close. Peyton will be solid but not spectacular in terms of FF production, spotty FF numbers in the first part of the season as they feel their way in that offense. But he will stay healthy and on the field. At least by mid-season, will be clicking, and be a solid, reliable play. RGIII will be even more unreliable in the first half as a fantasy play, also getting better by mid-season, but not quite keeping up with Peyton's numbers.

F/F? CJ2K goes over 1500 yards and 12 TD's.

Fiction: CJ2K will be lucky to get close to 1000 yards. He runs less decisive and Tennesee will move towards a more pass oriented offense and Javon Ringer will have a bigger role

Fact or Fiction: Jamal Charles and Peyton Hillis combine for over 2,000 rushing and 25 total touchdowns.

Edited by Wpob

Fiction: CJ2K will be lucky to get close to 1000 yards. He runs less decisive and Tennesee will move towards a more pass oriented offense and Javon Ringer will have a bigger role

Fact or Fiction: Jamal Charles and Peyton Hillis combine for over 2,000 rushing and 25 total touchdowns.

Fact. The chiefs will have a dominating run blocking line and these two will be pretty close to equal when it comes to standard fantasy points. Favor Charles a bit in ppr and favor Hillis a lot in TD leagues.

F/F: The Freeman-VJAX connection will be a better fantasy investment than the Cutler-Marshall connection?