[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB Sleeper

ManningFor6

I live in Indy, and am a huge Peyton Manning fan. I hope he absolutely lights it up this year and for every year as long as he's healthy enough to play. That said, I'm not drafting him in any of my leagues this year unless he is an absolute screaming value.

Why? Because if I'm going to take a chance on a guy in the middle rounds as my QB1, I need the upside to offset the risk enough to justify the pick. I don't think that's going to be the case with Manning this year. His health and conditioning questions aside, it's a new offense for not only him, but everyone else on the offensive side of the ball. I don't see how this magically turns into Top-5 production, and the worse case scenario is that he doesn't even perform at the same level as the guys around him.

If I'm waiting on my QB at that spot, I'm probably taking a guy like Ryan, who could clearly outperform his draft position, and the basement on him is most likely right around where you're drafting him. Very low risk, and decent upside.

Edited by SpeedRacer

Manning is the definition of a sleeper this year, he used to go in the 1st or 2nd rd now he's going in the 6th (although the post above me sends he is trending upward which means people are agreeing with my assessment.

Manning is not "the definition of a sleeper" as the "definition of a sleeper" is someone who is unknown, not a future HOFer.

Take him in the 3rd then if you want to compare him to what he "used to be." Why don't we bring Joe Montana back while we're at it? I'm sure he would have been taken in the 1st and 2nd of fantasy drafts too. Manning is old, has had multiple surgeries on his neck of all places, and after all this time still does not have his strength back 100%. He's one bad hit from potentially being done for good, so pump him up and take him early when there are other good QBs available at your own risk.