[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Tannehill named starting QB for opener...

irish

That is how this story phrased it, but it didn't quote the coach saying that.

I do think that is how some coaches phrase it when they tell the media, I believe that Shurmur did something similar with Weeden. The media should immediately follow up with "barring injury to you see that changing during the season?"

This is a horrible team with very little talent and low expectations from fans for the '12 season. Might as well throw him in and let him learn the game now so hopefully in a couple of years, he'll be a pretty good NFL QB. They are a 3-4 win team with either Tannehill, Moore or Garrad, so why not? Personally I like the move.

Edited by 'canes2004

This is a horrible team with very little talent and low expectations from fans for the '12 season. Might as well throw him in and let him learn the game now so hopefully in a couple of years, he'll be a pretty good NFL QB. They are a 3-4 win team with either Tannehill, Moore or Garrad, so why not? Personally I like the move.

Agreed.

I am not saying your information is incorrect, but the bleacher report has to be the most poorly written fantasy info on the net.

Agreed. However, it happens to be true about tannehill. I certainly do not use them for valid fantasy info or read their stuff cause it's well written. However, they do seem to get the current news out rather quickly.

ur from miami so maybe u know more than me, but i was thinking their D is pretty good and they had some bad breaks last year.

ur from miami so maybe u know more than me, but i was thinking their D is pretty good and they had some bad breaks last year.

Yeah but key losses in the off season seems to of taken its toll. They let DC Mike Nolan leave (big mistake) Jason Taylor retired (not an everydown guy but a leader on and off the field who really got the guys going) and Yerimiah Bell (let go and signed with the Jets. Don't get me started on this one) who was a defensive captain and called the plays in the secondary. Former first round CB Vontae Davis has been practicing and playing so bad he is barely making it on the field in nickle and dime situations. They are missing a few key guys to injuries at them moment but the first team defense has been really pushed around by Tampa Bay 2 weeks ago and most recently Carolina who really made them look pathetic. What once was the Dolphin's only glimmer of hope, now looks more and more like another liability, much like their offense and special teams.

Yeah but key losses in the off season seems to of taken its toll. They let DC Mike Nolan leave (big mistake) Jason Taylor retired (not an everydown guy but a leader on and off the field who really got the guys going) and Yerimiah Bell (let go and signed with the Jets. Don't get me started on this one) who was a defensive captain and called the plays in the secondary. Former first round CB Vontae Davis has been practicing and playing so bad he is barely making it on the field in nickle and dime situations. They are missing a few key guys to injuries at them moment but the first team defense has been really pushed around by Tampa Bay 2 weeks ago and most recently Carolina who really made them look pathetic. What once was the Dolphin's only glimmer of hope, now looks more and more like another liability, much like their offense and special teams.

With the offense and defense both learning new systems, and with the Dolphins not having a clear cut starting QB during training camp, I would not put too much into the preseason. They might start out a little slow, but I think they will gain momentum. I think a .500+ season is realistic.

With the offense and defense both learning new systems, and with the Dolphins not having a clear cut starting QB during training camp, I would not put too much into the preseason. They might start out a little slow, but I think they will gain momentum. I think a .500+ season is realistic.

You are a glass half full my man and I hope you're right. I think this teams lack of talent, due mainly to the inability of GM Jeff Ireland to have a clue in the draft and/or the FA market, is going to rear it's ugly head and provide for a disastrous season. At least last year we had Brandon Marshall on offense. Our WR's are not gonna scare anyone this year. Lot's of guys who are barely NFL caliber talent. Like I said before, the defense that carried us last year just isn't there (another Ireland move) and we're in for a long season.

Here is a great article to read on some issues the Dolphins are facing:

http://www.miamihera...an-impress.html

Edited by 'canes2004