[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ruud Traded to Saints

This one scares me as a Lofton owner.

Not that I think that Ruud is a better MLB than Lofton; because he isn't. However, one could argue that the New Orleans linebacking corps is better having Ruud in the middle and Lofton on the strongside than it is with Lofton in the middle and Scott Shanle/Barrett Ruud on the strongside.

There is still the idea that Hawthorne could be ticketed to the strongside as well.

i know we have been concentrating on the NO side of this trade......but as a Wagner owner I'm very excited about the Seattle side of this deal :clap:

Ruud didn't scare me in Seattle, but it does make it much easier to see that Wagner is the man there now.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, short of the bra busting avatar, I am interested in knowing by homers, keggerz, or the powers that be whether Ruud will start as MLB with Lofton on strong....or will Ruud just be depth?

Thanks!

This may be a little late, but Ruud should just be depth behind Lofton. I seriously they move Lofton out of the middle even if Vilma were to return.

Well, like i said, I picked him up in the 24th round of a 24 round draft as a flier. I have 7 Lber's:

Derrick Johnson

Colin McCarthy

London Fletcher

Mason Foster

Akeem Dent

Miles Burris

Barrett Ruud

Top four are my starters....so I will just dump Ruud and pick up another Safety or a surprise LBer....maybe see how things shake out in Denver as no one picked DJ Williams.....any value in stashing DJ over Ruud....will Williams play this year even after the suspension?

Well, like i said, I picked him up in the 24th round of a 24 round draft as a flier. I have 7 Lber's:

Derrick Johnson

Colin McCarthy

London Fletcher

Mason Foster

Akeem Dent

Miles Burris

Barrett Ruud

Top four are my starters....so I will just dump Ruud and pick up another Safety or a surprise LBer....maybe see how things shake out in Denver as no one picked DJ Williams.....any value in stashing DJ over Ruud....will Williams play this year even after the suspension?

Williams picked up a DWI since the suspension I believe, Chances are pretty good that suspension will be added on to.

Derrick Johnson

Colin McCarthy

London Fletcher

Mason Foster

Akeem Dent

Miles Burris

Barrett Ruud

Dents position scored pretty well last year. Will a 2nd year guy be able to duplicate that? Not sure but he may wind up starting for you sooner rather than later.

Dents position scored pretty well last year. Will a 2nd year guy be able to duplicate that? Not sure but he may wind up starting for you sooner rather than later.

I like Dent a little bit he's a 2 down guy behind Weatherspoon and Nicholas. He does at least play MLB so he'll probably be serviceable as LB3/ bye week guy.

DJ Williams is probably pointless at least until he's off suspension. I think Ruud is probably not going to add much either. Burris may pan out with all the issues in OAK. Who else is available and how many do you have to start?

off the top of my head I think it was a ruling on the DWI from last year...but I could be wrong.

Appears to be the case but I don't think the NFL acted on that faux pas yet. I know I wouldn't be stashing him in any league where I don't have him locked into a long term deal and enough depth at the position to warrant the roster spot.

I like Dent a little bit he's a 2 down guy behind Weatherspoon and Nicholas. He does at least play MLB so he'll probably be serviceable as LB3/ bye week guy.

DJ Williams is probably pointless at least until he's off suspension. I think Ruud is probably not going to add much either. Burris may pan out with all the issues in OAK. Who else is available and how many do you have to start?

We can start 1-2 DE/DT 2-4 Lber's and 1-2 Safeties. We are 2 pts tackles, 1 assist, 5 point for sacks, safeties, forced fumbles, recovered fumbles, and 10 pts for ints. However, I hate to depend on big plays for points so I try to draft tackle leading linebackers. I just saw Ruud was put on the roster exemption list for NO....so not looking good!!! There are a couple of backers available, but our 12 team redraft league usually has 5 to 6 backers per team...so it is slim pickens. I will take a look and reply back with 3 names

ETA: Joe Mays is available(along with Irving), Kaluka Maiava, Russell Allen, Akeem Jordan, Bart Scott, and whomever is starting on the weakside in St. Louis....my depth chart lists 3 possible dudes

Edited by TheShiznit