[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

End of first round this year....

Goopster24

Hi guys, sorry if this has been discussed already. Seen some about it in articles.

I think drafting in the back half of the first round this year is harder than past years. With running backs becoming more "boom or bust" and fewer elite/horse running backs, the back half of the first round is filled with many question marks/risks. Sure I like Rodgers and Brady, but do I really want to grab my QB first? Have had plenty of success not doing that and not sure if I want to do that this year. But they are the safest picks.

Who do you feel comfortable drafting in the back half, like 8-12? Do I dare reach for McFadden? Thinking about it...I want an explosive player who can win me weeks. But sure he has his concerns...

I don't think McFadden is a reach at 8-12. I also don't mind the notion of being "forced" to grab an elite QB either. Being a guy who typically avoids the position early, I've gotten used to holding my nose and hoping the likes of Mark Sanchez or some other stiff can get me through because my late round "steel" Josh Freeman is busy sucking ass.

When fate has seen to it that I've ended up with a guy like Tom Brady, I must say that it's been nice just putting a position to bed and having that be that.

Honestly, I like the back half of the 1st round because there seems to be less fools gold RBs. No Larry Johnson or Shaun Alexander that you know is a year late to take but you just can't pass up at 8 because he's been so good for the last few years, only to have what you know was going to freaking happen, he does suck this year after all.

I think Chris Johnson and D Mac are worth the risk. Forte will be solid if unspectacular, and there's a few elite QBs and WRs to fill it out.

I love the back of the first round. I have had tons of success with it. I'm in similar boat with past strategy on quarterback position. But I did trade for Rodgers last year and wouldn't have won if I didn't get him. I want a stud quarterback. And I believe in the consistency.

I have no problem playing running back roulette. There is no reason not to unless you draft 1-3. You just have to be confident in your picks and pick guys in a variety of situations and environments.

I like McFadden more than CJ, I think. Still debating. I think I even like McFadden over Forte.

I'm drafting 10 in two leagues. If Rodgers and Brady are staring at me (I think at least one will be gone), that's a tough choice in my book. The closer I get the easier the decision will become.

had the 8th pick this past Sunday in a 10 team modified ppr league. Chose CJ over Forte and McFadden. I don't have any thing pointing to him bouncing back. Just a gut feeling about the other 2 is what it was. Dmac is just never fully healthy and Forte may have Bush taking goal line touches.

had the 8th pick this past Sunday in a 10 team modified ppr league. Chose CJ over Forte and McFadden. I don't have any thing pointing to him bouncing back. Just a gut feeling about the other 2 is what it was. Dmac is just never fully healthy and Forte may have Bush taking goal line touches.

How can you have a post count of 20889 and not know Forte has never had the goal line touches? He tried again for a little bit early last season but he just couldn't and from then on out it was all Marion Barber.