[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Chris Johnson be a top 5 RB in 2012?

timFFBA

110 members have voted

1. 1. Will Chris Johnson be a top 5 RB in 2012?

I hope so ... I'm making him my first overall pick in F-OFF.

Of course Arian Foster, Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy, Darren McFadden, Marshawn Lynch and DeMarco Murray are already off the board (keepers).

Passing on Ryan Mathews because of his injury.

Passing on MJD because of his hold out (see CJ last year).

Really the only other back I considered was Matt Forte ... I'm sure I made the wrong choice.

Actually it is based on the injury history of all three players. McFadden has missed 19 games in 3 seasons to injury, Forte has been limited by injury as well. Johnson on the other hand has not and has been a workhorse back.

Thanks for your post though it was a great addition to the thread. Oh wait...

I was making fun of you because you presented your opinion as divine truth. You basically stated that Chris Johnson for sure would finish ahead of Forte, SJax, Jamaal Charles, etc. because 2011 was an undebatable anomaly and we should all disregard it as such. There is simply no way to know this, and to state it with such certainty doesn't add anything to the thread either.

You even do the same thing in your latest posts.

Since you got offended by a three second video, I guess you are going to have a hard time here.

I was making fun of you because you presented your opinion as divine truth. You basically stated that Chris Johnson for sure would finish ahead of Forte, SJax, Jamaal Charles, etc. because 2011 was an undebatable anomaly and we should all disregard it as such. There is simply no way to know this, and to state it with such certainty doesn't add anything to the thread either.

You even do the same thing in your latest posts.

Since you got offended by a three second video, I guess you are going to have a hard time here.

Its often hard to reason with people who start threads/polls like this. All they want is somebody to back up their opinion or decision. They don't really want differing opinions, just positive reinforcement.

And I had to laugh at the part about Johnson being a workhorse back. Sure prior to last year, but last year he was a turd for his ADP. And I and many others are not certain that won't be the case again. Top 5 back, no I don't think so. Could it happen, sure. But I wouldn't count on it.

As if it needs to be said over and over again: it's preseason. Even still, the Cardinals' run defense is no joke. If you own CJ, you have to like what you see from Locker and Wright. When Britt comes back (and stays on the field) that group of WR's will give him some room to work.

While that is true, not many owners are complaining when McFadden is healthy. McFadden missed two games in 2010 and he was still a top 5 overall RB by seasons end. Evaluation of numbers over the 2010-11 seasons leads me to believe that McFadden may out-produce a full seasons worth of CJ in as little as 10 games. Both CJ and McFadden carry risk, while CJ has multiple questions (desire, did he lose a half-step? attitude, is his team and O-line any good?), the only notable one, allbeit it a big one, for McFadden is health.

Given the plethora of sleeper/potentially-productive/serviceable type RBs ADP'ing in rounds 6 through 14, I'm personally going for the home run swing in McFadden given the choice between the two. Especially in competitve leagues.

Very solid post and, I wonder how bummed anyone who drafted both MdFadden and Bush were last year? McFadden tears it up and then Bush steps right in and does quite well. Says a lot about the Oakland running game.

It's a bit murkier this year because neither Goodsen or Taiwan is Bush and there's some debate about who is truly #2 (I lean towards Goodsen). But, still, it's fun to come out the gate watching your RB go for 100 and TD rather than 62 yards on 18 carries.

• 4 weeks later...

So is CJ throwing his O-line under the bus with this quote, or is he acknowledging some of the blame. Tough to tell. http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120916/SPORTS01/309160103/Chris-Johnson-blames-bad-execution-Tennessee-Titans-run-game-problems?nclick_check=1

“People need to step up and do their job,” Johnson said. “They don’t need to let people beat them. It don’t matter who the opposing defense is, you can’t let your guy beat you. You just can’t give up plays. You have to make plays like they make plays. I can’t speak for the defense. I can only speak for the offense.”

So is CJ throwing his O-line under the bus with this quote, or is he acknowledging some of the blame. Tough to tell. http://www.tennessea...?nclick_check=1

“People need to step up and do their job,” Johnson said. “They don’t need to let people beat them. It don’t matter who the opposing defense is, you can’t let your guy beat you. You just can’t give up plays. You have to make plays like they make plays. I can’t speak for the defense. I can only speak for the offense.”

Sounds a lot like finger pointing to me. Key word above...."They"

• Like 1

I understand that this never goes over well, but both he and Cutler have a point. Now, perhaps they shouldn't show guys up publicly, but that's beside the point that the lines in these cases are failing to do their job.

I didn't catch the SD game, but if it was anything like the NE game, Barry Sanders may be the only back I've seen in my lifetime who could have managed squat given what was going on.

People are dogging him for not hitting the hole and dancing in the backfield. OK, what hole? He was being met in the backfield essentially every play.

These are grown men who get paid a lot to do a job in a cut-throat, violent game. Yet, every time someone is mean to them, we pretend it's little league where it's all supposed to stay positive and, "you'll get him next time, Billy."