[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jaguars to play 4 London home games

Lloyd Dobler

Well I guess the NFL found another willing partner in these silly London NFL games. The Rams had agreed to do this through 2014, but backed out recently beyond this season.

It sounds like it inevitbale that more games will be played in London, and eventually a team will be located there (if Goodell gets his wish). I just find it hard to believe that happens before LA gets a team.

When I read some of the statements by people involved in this venture, I have to think they're either delusional or just saying things to make this sound palatable.

"Khan added that he would consider playing more games overseas after the deal expires in 2016. He also acknowledged that the payoff probably won't be seen immediately. He suggested that Londoners could fall in love with the Jaguars and decide to visit Jacksonville regularly. The ultimate goal, though, would be to have European companies spend millions in Jacksonville."

Really, people are going to fall in love with the team and come to vacation in Jacksonville? European companies will decide to spend millions there? All because of watching a mediocre NFL team play a single game there?

PS While its funny to talk about the blackouts, I don't think the Jags can be blacked out in Jacksonville when the game is played in London. And I highly doubt these games don't sell out. Besides which I'm not sure if there is even a blackout policy for these games played in London.

This kind of irks me, for several reasons. You are knda screwing season ticket holders. It screws the team and the fans out of a home game that all other teams get. London is not the next logical place for expansion (I like L.A. and San Antonio, both would get our fine friends from Mexico involved, who are more familiar with the game). And it makes me feel that the NFL and Kahn are saying that JAX is not significant or strong enough to support an NFL team. I just don't have a good feeling about this.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

This kind of irks me, for several reasons. You are knda screwing season ticket holders. It screws the team and the fans out of a home game that all other teams get. London is not the next logical place for expansion (I like L.A. and San Antonio, both would get our fine friends from Mexico involved, who are more familiar with the game). And it makes me feel that the NFL and Kahn are saying that JAX is not significant or strong enough to support an NFL team. I just don't have a good feeling about this.

Don't worry Jerry will never let the Cowboys play in London. ;) Same for many other top franchises.

Which is part of why myself and other fans don't like it. Make every team give up a home game to London over some extended period, or just stop doing it. They're praying on the small market teams, mostly ones that have trouble with attendance. First it was the Rams, then they canceled the last 2 years, so now they've convinced the Jags its good for them.