[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No BBQ For You!

Lloyd Dobler

I'm absolutely certain that Goodell is crushed by this and will promptly reinstate all 3 former U players.

I know, Beason hasn't been suspended yet, but it's only a matter of time before he'll need that get out of jail free card. It's in his pedigree and he wouldn't want to shame the U by not doing something he'll get suspended for.

Edited by Bronco Billy

What ever happened to just spitting into te food of disliked people before serving it up. This is not the restaurant industry I know. They should put up signs that the commissioner eats free and when he comes in they cn use their imagination to make the special sauce in their coleslaw extra special.

Gripping news... I'm outraged... Maybe we should have an hour long OTL special showing how big of a meanie Sean Pay... er, I mean Jonathan Vilma is.

How about some actual news to make this thread worthwhile?

Earlier this month, a report emerged that the league had offered to cut Vilma’s one-year suspension in half. The NFL denied that any such offer had been made.

Our source, who is in position to know, says it happened. It’s still not clear whether it was a formal offer or an implied — but nonetheless clear — indication that if Vilma would accept an eight-game reduction an eight-game reduction definitely would be available. Regardless, the source says Vilma could have had it, if he had wanted it.

Vilma apparently didn’t want it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/23/source-league-definitely-offered-eight-game-reduction-to-vilma/

So Vilma could have had his suspension cut in half and declined the offer? Brilliant!

Instead he'll take his chances with his lawsuit.

PS When I saw this thread I knew you'd be posting at some point. But I didn't expect this kind of response, or this interesting tidbit.

So Vilma could have had his suspension cut in half and declined the offer? Brilliant!

If the federal judge has jurisdiction in this case, I think Vilma wins straight up.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/saints/story/2012-08-10/Jonathan-Vilma-no-ruling-restraining-order/56935540/1

Apologies if this is already posted in some other thread.

If the federal judge has jurisdiction in this case, I think Vilma wins straight up.

http://www.usatoday....rder/56935540/1

Apologies if this is already posted in some other thread.

Some on Vilma's side feel that he has a strong case, or even a very simple one to be decided in his favor. You'd think if that were true it would have happened already, or at least a temporary injunction so he could join the team and practice/play until it is resolved. But that hasn't happened. Not sure if there have been any new developments since the story you posted (from almost 2 weeks ago).

PS When I saw this thread I knew you'd be posting at some point. But I didn't expect this kind of response, or this interesting tidbit.

Not saying he's guilty or not, but if it were you & you didn't think you were guilty isn't accepting a lesser penalty basically admitting guilt? If it were me I would fight it tooth and nail.

It's a dumb story. Like you said yourself, who really cares? The same way with the SP OTL segment I mentioned earlier claiming him to be mean to the media. Who gives a CHIPS AHOY!? Nearly EVERY coach in the NFL is mean to the media at one point or another. Boo f'n hoo. What passes for news these days is just utter stupidity. So I thought I would add something that was actually newsworthy & we could actually discuss, rather than some BBQ restaurant that Vilma owns put up a sign that says not to serve Goodell. :rolleyes:

Some on Vilma's side feel that he has a strong case, or even a very simple one to be decided in his favor. You'd think if that were true it would have happened already, or at least a temporary injunction so he could join the team and practice/play until it is resolved. But that hasn't happened. Not sure if there have been any new developments since the story you posted (from almost 2 weeks ago).

The judge has already stated that based on the facts that she has reviewed she would rule in favor of the players, but there is question of whether she can, by law, circumvent the CBA. Not sure why that isn't clear to you based on the article. They are now waiting on an Aug 30th ruling regarding the appeal process (I believe).

Not saying he's guilty or not, but if it were you & you didn't think you were guilty isn't accepting a lesser penalty basically admitting guilt? If it were me I would fight it tooth and nail.

It's a dumb story. Like you said yourself, who really cares? The same way with the SP OTL segment I mentioned earlier claiming him to be mean to the media. Who gives a CHIPS AHOY!? Nearly EVERY coach in the NFL is mean to the media at one point or another. Boo f'n hoo. What passes for news these days is just utter stupidity. So I thought I would add something that was actually newsworthy & we could actually discuss, rather than some BBQ restaurant that Vilma owns put up a sign that says not to serve Goodell. :rolleyes:

The judge has already stated that based on the facts that she has reviewed she would rule in favor of the players, but there is question of whether she can, by law, circumvent the CBA. Not sure why that isn't clear to you based on the article. They are now waiting on an Aug 30th ruling regarding the appeal process (I believe).

It probably isn't that clear to me because I haven't followed the story as closely as you.

As far as taking less punishment being the same as admitting guilt, and what would I do, hard to say as I haven't been faced with that decision. It would depend a lot on the circumstances. I guess the way I see it is if he loses all his court cases trying to overturn Goodells decision, he's going to be stuck with the year long suspension when it could have been only 8 games.

It probably isn't that clear to me because I haven't followed the story as closely as you.

As far as taking less punishment being the same as admitting guilt, and what would I do, hard to say as I haven't been faced with that decision. It would depend a lot on the circumstances. I guess the way I see it is if he loses all his court cases trying to overturn Goodells decision, he's going to be stuck with the year long suspension when it could have been only 8 games.

I don't think at this point it really matters to him whether it's 8 or 16. If you believe what he says, his only concern is clearing his name.

BTW, if I see a thread posted in the NFL forum that is pretty much a fluff piece, a TMZesque report, you can bet that I will call it out. The fact that it's a report about a Saints player makes no difference whatsoever. Now adding in the actual news, that's the homer in me & I only posted it because I am familiar with the situation and I thought it would make for some actual, decent discussion.