[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts about to make big vet-for-draft pick move?

BeeR

MJD - makes most sense for the team - I believe he still has 3 strong years ahead of him and a strong running game is a young QBs best friend.

I think Irsay is just messing with people.

Oh, WashingtonD, you've been on the clock for the last 40 minutes in the Huddle Message Board draft so less posty, more picky.

:pokey:

It's not MJD. It's not Wallace.

Everything I've read says it's gonna be a corner if anything. The team's gonna suck anyway - why give up ANY draft picks if it's gonna be a veteran corner - unless it's Revis (which I'm 100% certain it's not), keep the pick and develop what you have - or suck for a higher draft pick next season. Seemed to work out allright this past season...

Colts acquire Vontae Davis for a 2nd round draft pick.

I know the dude is only 24, but a 2nd rounder on a team with massive holes? Vontae was out of shape and had a major attitude problem with the Dolphin coaching staff. Maybe a change of scenery will do him good. However, his contract makes sense. He is only due just under $1million in 2012 and just over $1.1million in 2013.

Would anyone bump down (slightly) AFC South receivers because of this - or is it a non-issue fantasy-wise?

Umm . . . no. The Colts are so thin at CB that anyone would have been a massive upgrade. Davis definitely needed a change of scenery, and he's the physical type of corner the Colts need. His brother, Vernon, had some issues his first couple years, but he's come around. This is a great pick up by the Colts.

The Steelers deny that anyone from Indy has contact them about Wallace, and the MJD trade makes no sense for either team. I think the most logical scenario is Vontae Davis, if anything happens at all.

Boomstick!

Great trade, IMO.