[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't we do better on NFL Network

purplehays

Outside of the games, I've tried to give them a fair shake and listen to their content (set pieces, commentaries, back-and-forth discussions). I find most of the conversations very superficial and the broadcasters and former NFL players/coaches not very knowledgeable.

It's at its worst when they interview NFL executives about league matters. You can't take anything they say seriously. Scott Hanson actually asked a few pointed questions to some exec. VP about the replacement refs, but there were no follow-up questions to really probe the issue. What this station offers over standard cable sports networks really isn't clear to me.

All I know is, I'm going to hurt someone if I see those four kickoff returns a few more hundred times. :guns:

A man who identifed as Cowboyz1 stormed into NFL network headquarters today wearing bandaleros and armed with remote control, demanded to see the programming sup. He was quickly subdued while yelling "Ted Gin Down the sideline, Huh........you son of b.....tch.." "WOOOW" this you %&^Y*(^^(()()*)(..........

As they led him away he was cheered by a rousing crowd of supporters as they chanted "One man to Beat", "One man to Beat"............

Edited by Cowboyz1

Outside of the games, I've tried to give them a fair shake and listen to their content (set pieces, commentaries, back-and-forth discussions). I find most of the conversations very superficial and the broadcasters and former NFL players/coaches not very knowledgeable.

It's at its worst when they interview NFL executives about league matters. You can't take anything they say seriously. Scott Hanson actually asked a few pointed questions to some exec. VP about the replacement refs, but there were no follow-up questions to really probe the issue. What this station offers over standard cable sports networks really isn't clear to me.

Did you ever watch the AFC/NFC Playbook shows? I thought those and others were pretty well done. I don't feel that any other cable sports network (not even the over hyped ESPN) coves as much Xs & Os on the NFL as NFLN does. Not with specific shows dedicated to it at least. I think the channel offers the NFL fan quite a bit including live games, NFL Replay, and other analysis type shows. ESPN doesn't offer me much but showing one NFL game a week. Otherwise I watch it very little, because it coves too many sports and doesn't focus enough on one.

To me it offers something simple, dedicated NFL coverage, not all 4 major team sprots, plus golf, racing, and a number of other things all rolled up into one giants Entertainment & Sports Network.

I caught a few minutes of their fantasy football show the other day. They do player interviews which is cool, but some of their advice/analysis is painfully bad. One of the guys said he waited too long to take a QB and ended up with Ponder as his starter and the other guy was like "You did fine! He's a solid starter!"

Did you ever watch the AFC/NFC Playbook shows? I thought those and others were pretty well done.

No, I haven't seen those. I think the problem may be that I end up watching at roughly the same time every evening and so it's the same type of shows on weekdays. I'll see if I can find the Playbook shows - some actual analysis would be great.

Play books are good, stuff like top ten is fun but not the best thing in the world... But they have live news and most the time I enjoy it.... Way better than espn... Some how Im always angry after I watch a few espn shows after work... Around the horn..., come on

No, I haven't seen those. I think the problem may be that I end up watching at roughly the same time every evening and so it's the same type of shows on weekdays. I'll see if I can find the Playbook shows - some actual analysis would be great.

Here's a link to their online schedule

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule

I see the playbook shows are on at 8 & 9PM this Friday.

I never watched much of Total Access, although they repeat it endlessly. Also haven't had a chance to watch their new morning show yet. I suppose it could be bad, if people are recording Total Access and watching that instead (I guess some would just prefer more repeats of TA). I do enjoy their Sunday morning pre-game show, which gives me a head start on the others (ESPN, CBS/Fox). Less drama and buffonery than the other shows for sure.

As far as any TV show giving fantasy advice, those are all going to be so basic that they're useless to almost any serious fantasy player. "Aaron Rodgers is a must start this week...." NO REALLY?

Anyway, my basic point is that at least when you turn on NFLN you know you're getting NFL (or other football) programming, not coverage or analysis of one of 5-10 different sports.

The fantasy show on ESPN2 that starts at 11 or so is pretty downright entertaining and watchable. My lineups are usually set by then but there's always something they throw in that makes me think.