[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fitz @ 2.08

buddahj

That's how I felt in 2010 and then he killed me. That QB siuation is a mess. While I love Larry, It could be a long year for him and that team.

His floor makes it that 20th pick is still great value. About 25% of the guys taken in the first 2 rounds end up being dissapointments. Some due to injury, but other just because. Fitz seems to be a lock to, at very least, be a solid starter for you. Hell, he was still a WR1 in 12 team leagues in 2010.

Not sure I do the pickle dance if I get him there, but I'd be happy none the less.

Not sure I do the pickle dance if I get him there, but I'd be happy none the less.

Lol, I was pretty drunk last night.

He went later than that in our 12 team local.

This was also a 12 team draft. There was crazy picking all night. When did he go in your draft?

after watching Skelton and Kolb in preseason, i'm letting someone take Fitz , no way i'm investing a top 2 pick in that mess of a situation

Since you brought up preseason with regards to how bad they looked. Perhaps it's only fair to also mention that he had 5 catches and 91 yards in limited duty in the latest preseason game.

Lol, I was pretty drunk last night.

This was also a 12 team draft. There was crazy picking all night. When did he go in your draft?

If I remember, I want to say 4th. I picked 12th, and he was still available to me when it came back to me the end of round 3. I strongly considered him, but had to go a different direction. So he went a half dozen picks after me in the 4th.

I will say, this league is a league where you can start a QB as a flex, so QB's were flying off the board. There were 6 picked in the first round before I picked:

Rodgers

Brady

Brees

Newton

Stafford

Ryan

I was sure one of Stafford or Ryan would still be there when I drafted. So I went a completely different direction. Drafted Calvin Johnson and Jimmy Graham (1 pt ppr). Then went heavy on top WR's. They were just sitting out there because people were so QB hungry. I did end up with Cutler and Dalton as my 2 QB's, but my gain was getting Jordy Nelson and Antonio Brown. Not to mention Sproles.

It was a weird draft, but it usually is.

Edited by Chief Dick

Fitz is probably the most talented WR in the league - but when 75% of the NCAA QBs are better than what the Cardinals have, I don't care if he's still available in the 5th round, I'm not taking him.. When the Cardinals drove up the hill for training camp, the WORST case scenario was NEITHER of them stand out and the coaching staff has to pick who f'd up less than the other. They're both equally as bad, and it doesn't matter who they put out there - they're gonna suck. To make matters worse, they lost an "at best" mediocre LT in Levi Brown for the season, and now they're trying to fill that hole with someone who couldn't make it past the practice squad last season. Peyton Manning chose Denver over AZ for one reason - protection up front. Whoever lines up behind center this season is gonna be taking a lot of dirt naps and picking a lot of grass out of mouth every game.. The ONLY Cardinal I would touch this season is Ryan Williams..

I mean - local rumor has it that they're patiently waiting for the Seahawks to cut Tavaris Jackson and when that happens, he's gonna be picked up and plugged in as the STARTER here in AZ. Am I joking?? No. THAT's how bad both Kolb and Skelton are..

So - if I did have Fitz, I would be working other teams as fast as possible trying to unload him before the season starts. Get something for him before he's not worth anything..

Edited by Shorttynaz

I'm pretty sure Fitz had the same 2 QB's throwing to him last year and he still finished top 5 (in most scoring formats) and a sure top 10 in others.

Get an umbrella and enjoy the weather when the "dump Fitz" storm is over.

Do yourself a favor before you go too far on this. Look at Fitz' splits last year when Kolb was his QB vs when Skelton was throwing to him.