[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is CBS down?

euphy

Site was down for over an hour right in the middle of the draft...had 8 people drafting in person and the other 6 were drafting from all over the country.

Spent an hour on hold for customer service while we tried texting picks to one another. It was a complete mess and a waste of $150.00 to host our league. Looking forward to my phone call with them tomorrow...

• Like 1

Site was down for over an hour right in the middle of the draft...had 8 people drafting in person and the other 6 were drafting from all over the country.

Spent an hour on hold for customer service while we tried texting picks to one another. It was a complete mess and a waste of $150.00 to host our league. Looking forward to my phone call with them tomorrow...

The exact same problem with my league's draft tonight. I'm not the commish, but I constantly complain why the league chooses to use this overpriced, lame site.

No clue what the hell happened today, but a few guys got bumped from the draft room and it all went to crap after that. When you tried to load a player so that you can draft them... you couldn't!!!!!!!!! So the computer began auto drafting for you. And some guys ended up with 3 kickers!!!!!!!!!

I need some type of money back for next year. No way this is acceptable.

We have our draft tonight and I pray that this does not happen. It has definately happened in the past, but every year I just say..."they must have it fixed this year..."

I am the commish and catch hell every year about CBS. I will lose my mind if we have problems

I find it amazing that people have continual problems with CBS and still pay every year for the headache.

I understand the ease of use and people are used to it and all our records are on there....blah blah blah....but how can all of that be worth the big pain in the ass they are. And for what they charge.

• Like 1

We have our draft tonight and I pray that this does not happen. It has definately happened in the past, but every year I just say..."they must have it fixed this year..."

I am the commish and catch hell every year about CBS. I will lose my mind if we have problems

Set up another draft on MFL as a backup in case you have problems. You can set up a free trial league there, and if you decide to keep it you pay.

If the CBS online draft keeps having problems every year and that is how you draft I'd drop them. We use CBS, don't draft online and have rarely had any sort of problems in something like 10+ years. Our owners like it, and don't mind paying the fees.

Every site has problems, I remember threads last year about MFL being down, people not able to set lineups or something like that. The constant CBS bashing on this site get's old. Most people get it, MFL is the bomb to many and anybody using CBS is a fool.

I've used CBS for the last 8 years and have never had a problem.

For any CBS commishes out there, I called their hotline and was asked to submit my complaint through the Help Center on the website. They are working on the details of compensating all leagues that were affected and should have a resolution within 24 hours.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

If the CBS online draft keeps having problems every year and that is how you draft I'd drop them. We use CBS, don't draft online and have rarely had any sort of problems in something like 10+ years. Our owners like it, and don't mind paying the fees.

Every site has problems, I remember threads last year about MFL being down, people not able to set lineups or something like that. The constant CBS bashing on this site get's old. Most people get it, MFL is the bomb to many and anybody using CBS is a fool.

Yes, all FF sites can have issues with their services, but the fact that this one is more than double in price is the issue for me. Unfortunately, it's not my decision alone to make as I am not the commissioner of the leagues that use this overpriced site. Too many of our owners are resistant to change. It was a huge step for them to stop recording the stats from the newspapers the next day to figure out who won. I think the majority of them still use rotary phones.

Just to follow up with my post from yesterday...CBS SUCKS!!! Major problems with the online draft. It is crazy how bad the draft experience is. I know its going to be like trying to turn around the titanic but I am going to have to change it up next year. Refund or not...its not fun. especially for the commish...it distracts from my draft dealing with all the problems.

I've played in leagues at CBS, ESPN, MFL and Yahoo. (mostly redraft, no idp, 1 keeper league). If I had my way all my leagues would be at Yahoo. Never have any problems, the site is'nt hard to use or navigate and it's FREE :shrug:

As much grief as this sites gets in general, ie "You must be in a Yahoo League!" never had any problems in several years.

Edited by Scorcher

CBS told me to do a redraft... Laughable. I thought it was a crazy idea and then I asked the league what they thought of a redraft. a few people in the league who were autopilot wanted to, the other half said... If we redraft, I quit and want my money back. Its a no win situation.CBS needs to correct this by giving our money back or give us next year free.

CBS told me to do a redraft... Laughable. I thought it was a crazy idea and then I asked the league what they thought of a redraft. a few people in the league who were autopilot wanted to, the other half said... If we redraft, I quit and want my money back. Its a no win situation.CBS needs to correct this by giving our money back or give us next year free.

Don't let them give you next year for free. Their platform is unstable. You shouldn't use them, you definitely shouldn't go back to them.

Crappy situation, sorry that it happened and hope you work out a solution that keeps your league intact