[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The biggest reach you guys have seen in your drafts...

euphy

In a league I drafted today, QBs are very valuable and you can start 2. Someone drafted Joe Flacco as the 7th QB taken using their 2.04 pick. I took Romo at the 2.10. There was Rivers, Manning, Roethlisberger, etc still on the board.

Had a local draft on Saturday, 7 of us in the commish's basement drafting with our laptops, the other 5 at other locations. I thought Trent Richardson going 9th overall was a bit much, but whatever. Then one of the off site people drafted Adrian Peterson 40th overall. Which I found strange because I thought he already went in the third. He did. Dude drafted Adrian N. Peterson, cut by the Bears 2 years ago.

• Like 1

Had a local draft on Saturday, 7 of us in the commish's basement drafting with our laptops, the other 5 at other locations. I thought Trent Richardson going 9th overall was a bit much, but whatever. Then one of the off site people drafted Adrian Peterson 40th overall. Which I found strange because I thought he already went in the third. He did. Dude drafted Adrian N. Peterson, cut by the Bears 2 years ago.

That dude may never play fantasy football again.

We haven't drafted yet, but there is a Bronco's homer and he's 3 years into this league. He's somewhat knowledgable - but he REALLY lets his loyalty to his team get in the way.. Stupid things like if the Bronco's are playing the Chargers, he will bench ANY/ALL Chargers players he might have on his team for that week - same goes for the Raiders and Chiefs. He's more than willing to take a loss at FF for that weekend over cheering for a rival team's players to get off against his Bronco's.

Anyway, I'm sort of friends with this kid (used to be a lot better of friends) and he's got the 10th pick in a 10 team redraft PPR. He's dead set on drafting Peyton Manning / Eric Decker with his 1.10 pick and 2.1 pick. I'm about 99.9% certain that he will stick to his guns / loyalty to his team, especially after the showing they put on against the 49ers this past weekend..

I had to make quite a reach in a 10 team 2QB league last weekend. Took Matt Ryan at 1.8.The big 3 RB's and the big 3 QB's and Stafford were gone, and I felt (feared) Ryan wouldn't be there at 2.3. Coulda had Cam, but I'm not quite feeling him this year, just my personal gut. Coulda had Calvin, but being non PPR, WR is a less productive position than RB and QB. I've been burned in the past in 2QB leagues and I was determined not to let that happen again.

This all happened in one 10-man draft:

2.8 - Tony Romo (Both Mannings, Ryan, Rivers, Vick all still on the board)

2.10 - Frank Gore (before Murray, S.Jax, Turner, Mathews, F.Jax)

5.10 - Todd Heap

6.1 - DeMeco Ryans (We play one IDP in this league...both of these picks got auto-picked when the drafter had computer issues. Why these players were the ones chosen, I have no idea.)

Curious how the guy was allowed to draft that player, if they're not currently on an NFL roster? Was that player part of the list of players eligible to be drafted on your fantasy site?

Did this guy really know who he was drafting, or did he think he was drafting THE Adrian Peterson. Seems like some sort of type/glitch, not a reach (unless he said Adrian N Peterson the former Bears RB).

Curious how the guy was allowed to draft that player, if they're not currently on an NFL roster? Was that player part of the list of players eligible to be drafted on your fantasy site?

Did this guy really know who he was drafting, or did he think he was drafting THE Adrian Peterson. Seems like some sort of type/glitch, not a reach (unless he said Adrian N Peterson the former Bears RB).

A couple of years ago, it seemed the Adrian Peterson switcheroo was attempted in every online auction draft I was in. Inevitably, someone fell for it.

He's still listed in ESPN, I guess because he hasn't formally retired from the NFL yet and could conceivably be called in for a workout. The owner who took him was not at the draft with the rest of us and I was the only one who caught it, like 3 picks later though.