[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The biggest reach you guys have seen in your drafts...

euphy

Took J. Best in the 9th round in a draft that started 2-3 weeks ago.

Wasn't part of our draft, but players kept in our 12 team keeper. We have no restrictions on number of players, contract years, etc. You simply protect 5 from your season ending roster, and then we start drafting with each team having 5 players.

One of our owners kept the Houston D. He also had Matt Schaub but decided to let him go. I don't understand it, as the top D in our drafts usually don't go until at least round 3-5. And virtually every team protects a QB (QB heavy scoring 6/TD). The few (1-3 each year) that don't protect a QB usually wait and draft RB/WR/TE players early, then get their pick of available QBs before others start taking a backup.

Just seems very odd to protect a D, they score very little and are very unreliable. Besides which looking at D scoring HOU was only 9th in our league last year, with 109 fantasy points. The top 3 Ds (DET, BAL, SEA) had 133, 130, 122 pts. The next 5 after HOU (NE, NYG, CIN, NYJ, MIA) had 108, 105, 101, 100, 98 points scored.

David Akers 4.01

I'm not going to crucify a guy for taking his kicker earlier than most. I wait until the end, but, let's be honest, probably half the guys taken round 8-9 or later are going to end up getting waived. So, sure, if you really think a kicker is going to be money, why not.

But the 1st pick of round 4? In a league where we start 2 QBs and 2 Flex?

David Akers 4.01

I'm not going to crucify a guy for taking his kicker earlier than most. I wait until the end, but, let's be honest, probably half the guys taken round 8-9 or later are going to end up getting waived. So, sure, if you really think a kicker is going to be money, why not.

But the 1st pick of round 4? In a league where we start 2 QBs and 2 Flex?

..... but he gets 20 pts for a 50 yarder!

Same guy drafted trent richardson $40, adrian peterson $50 and a bunch of rookies all for much more than they will be worth this season. Granted you get to keep two players in this league but his whole team looked like he was digging for keepers and he didnt even get them very cheap. $200 budget by the way