[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You know what I like about Tom Brady?

detlef

He's got 4 pass-catchers all coming off the board in the first five rounds of 12 team drafts on MFL.

Rodgers and Brees each have 3 (Jennings, Jordy, Finley), (Graham, Sproles, Colston).

And it's not like they're all in the back end of those 60 picks. His first two are coming off the board as soon as Brees' are and before Rodgers'.

Just sayin'

Edited by detlef

He's got 4 pass-catchers all coming off the board in the first five rounds of 12 team drafts on MFL.

Rodgers and Brees each have 3 (Jennings, Jordy, Finley), (Graham, Sproles, Colston).

And it's not like they're all in the back end of those 60 picks. His first two are coming off the board as soon as Brees' are and before Rodgers'.

Just sayin'

I hear what you're saying but I'm not sure that would make me feel better about having him. The crowd is rarely right. But aside from that, There's no way that Lloyd AND Welker can produce as projected by their ADP. This is a 2 TE team first and foremost the WRs get the sloppy seconds. I have a hunch Welker gets phased out this season IF Lloyd plays as he's expected. The flip side is that Welker gets his and Lloyd is nearly a non-factor. The reason I think Welker gets phased out (only if Lloyd produces) is because they did not extend him and he's gonna wanna get paid next year. The Pats like to stay young so if they can get Lloyd to nearly replace Welker, they will.

Brady is a top 5 QB no doubt but that line has issues and I don't trust the crowd's valuations necessarily.

E2A: Let me clarify because I know you'll nit pick me all to hell :shades: I realize Lloyd is no spring chicken either but he has less clout in the NFL and therefore, if he can produce similar to Welker, they get the same production for less money. If Welker does what he usually does, they will have to pay him or let him walk and get nothing in return.

Edited by Brentastic

I hear what you're saying but I'm not sure that would make me feel better about having him. The crowd is rarely right. But aside from that, There's no way that Lloyd AND Welker can produce as projected by their ADP. This is a 2 TE team first and foremost the WRs get the sloppy seconds. I have a hunch Welker gets phased out this season IF Lloyd plays as he's expected. The flip side is that Welker gets his and Lloyd is nearly a non-factor. The reason I think Welker gets phased out (only if Lloyd produces) is because they did not extend him and he's gonna wanna get paid next year. The Pats like to stay young so if they can get Lloyd to nearly replace Welker, they will.

Brady is a top 5 QB no doubt but that line has issues and I don't trust the crowd's valuations necessarily.

Well, those guys are high in both ADP and most rankings. The Huddle seems to be the least sold on Lloyd and even they have him better than 70, overall. Other guys are all over him. Thinking Lloyd is going to go off.

So, forgetting for a minute who. specifically gets the balls, and that's kind of my point with liking Brady, because you don't have to. Most signs and predictors point to NE having 4 players who have a great chance of putting up really nice numbers. Which is a nice thing to have on your side if you take that QB.

Mind you, I'm 0-4 in getting him in any of my leagues with only one draft to go. I really only had one realistic shot at him thus far and am sort of bummed I didn't pull the trigger on him. I'm at a good spot to take him if I can in my last draft though.

Well, those guys are high in both ADP and most rankings. The Huddle seems to be the least sold on Lloyd and even they have him better than 70, overall. Other guys are all over him. Thinking Lloyd is going to go off.

So, forgetting for a minute who. specifically gets the balls, and that's kind of my point with liking Brady, because you don't have to. Most signs and predictors point to NE having 4 players who have a great chance of putting up really nice numbers. Which is a nice thing to have on your side if you take that QB.

Mind you, I'm 0-4 in getting him in any of my leagues with only one draft to go. I really only had one realistic shot at him thus far and am sort of bummed I didn't pull the trigger on him. I'm at a good spot to take him if I can in my last draft though.

I like him too but the shaky O-line makes me nervous. I'm sure he'll be fine.

I'll never get an elite QB because I don't draft QBs early enough.

Looks like I"m not going to get him, yet again.

I'm pick 6 in my last league and actually had him #6 overall because it's a 2 QB league. So, after Foster, Rice, McCoy, Rodgers, and Megatron. First 3 picks went Foster, McFadden, Rodgers, so Rice, McCoy, or Calvin are now going to be there.

And I can't pass any of those 3 up.

Looks like I"m not going to get him, yet again.

I'm pick 6 in my last league and actually had him #6 overall because it's a 2 QB league. So, after Foster, Rice, McCoy, Rodgers, and Megatron. First 3 picks went Foster, McFadden, Rodgers, so Rice, McCoy, or Calvin are now going to be there.

And I can't pass any of those 3 up.

In a league where you can start 2 QBs, I'd personally go QB/QB in the first two rounds.

In a league where you can start 2 QBs, I'd personally go QB/QB in the first two rounds.

I've actually had pretty good luck not doing so and gathering up RBs and WRs while everyone else does.

Everyone worth taking early is gone by round 1, usually and then you get stuck taking guys like Romo and Big Ben in the 2nd and 3rd.

If you just wait until everyone is done with the run, you can then wait much longer. In the meantime, you've got some real studs. Yesterday I got Foster, Forte, Sproles, Jones, J Nelson, MJD, and Gates (not in that order) in the first 7 of 10-team draft before grabbing Freeman, Luck, and Ponder later on. We start 2 Flex, so I get to use all 7 of those players as starters and should more than make up the points lost at QB at the flex, where I'm starting potential RB1s and WR1s.

Last year, that wasn't happening and I actually got Brady and Ryan in the 2nd and 4th. But that was the earliest I've ever gone QB in this format.

That could end up hurting you later on. I've only taken 1 QB in the first two rounds in my money league the last two year's we've done 2QBs and I won two years ago while finishing second last year (Romo cost me my 2nd straight championship last year in the final game). The key, as Detlef said, is loading up on other positions.

This, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the TEs won't see their numbers take a hit. It's hard to say when you've got that many target hogs.

Even though the other targets are ranked higher than Lloyd (and thus better bets to produce), Brady is probably the only one who might be worth overdrafting, because if Lloyd exceeds his numbers, then it's likely that someone isn't living up to their ADP... I think Welker and Gronk have the most room to go back down to earth, but the numbers could really come at anyone's expense, especially if the defenses key in on any one of them.

So while I don't think this takes away from Brady's value, I'm not sure you can make the claim that he's a better bet just because he has more highly ranked targets. I think that has more to do with the potential/track record of any of them to be a favored target of an elite QB, but I would not go as far as to bump Brady, when any one of them could easily fall short of their high ADPs.

Edited by delusions of grandeur