[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message Board Leagues

DMD

I'm guessing a lot of folks in the 12 teamer aren't familiar with best ball as there are more than a few teams that only have one K or D/ST...usually having 2 is a staple of success in that scoring format (both with no waivers and with the extreme variability of scoring at those positions)

• Like 1

I'm guessing a lot of folks in the 12 teamer aren't familiar with best ball as there are more than a few teams that only have one K or D/ST...usually having 2 is a staple of success in that scoring format (both with no waivers and with the extreme variability of scoring at those positions)

Lol, I will retract my previous statement because I just picked a 2nd DEF with the same bye week as my 1st one. :bash: That's what I get for preselecting & not paying attention.

I stockpiled WRs and rolled with only 1PK and 1DEF. I understand the best ball format, so we'll see how it works out for me.

Do you remember what the lineups are? The site rules don't make it very clear. I wanna say:

1QB

2RB

3WR

1Flex

1TE

1PK

1DEF

:brow:

or maybe we've had pretty good success in best ball formats not wasting a roster spot on an extra kicker and using it for an extra rb/wr. I especially wouldnt waste an extra roster spot on a 2nd def when in this scoring system they don't put up alot of points. That and I'm pretty sure my defense won't be getting injured so I'd have to do without....

or maybe we've had pretty good success in best ball formats not wasting a roster spot on an extra kicker and using it for an extra rb/wr. I especially wouldnt waste an extra roster spot on a 2nd def when in this scoring system they don't put up alot of points. That and I'm pretty sure my defense won't be getting injured so I'd have to do without....

:huh:

18 roster spots and you are gonna go without a K/TM D for 1 week for a WR5/RB/5?????? I wanna be in your division in a BB league.

Do you remember what the lineups are? The site rules don't make it very clear. I wanna say:

1QB

2RB

3WR

1Flex

1TE

1PK

1DEF

He did say we were playing with WCOFF rules so I understand this above to be correct. I'm not sure DMD has the below starting lineup requirements set correctly yet. :unsure:

Total Starters: 10

Number of Starting QBs: 1

Number of Starting RB+WR+TEs: 1

Number of Starting PKs: 1

Number of Starting Defs: 1

Edited by BillyBalata

18 roster spots and you are gonna go without a K/TM D for 1 week for a WR5/RB/5?????? I wanna be in your division in a BB league.

considering the top Defenses barely avg 9 pts a week and its a total pts league, yea, i think i can survive without those 9 pts one week. And as the season goes along and players get hurt, my wr5/rb5 may end up starters. What are you gonna do when your 3 rbs are all of the sudden hurt?

You can start 3 rbs every week. I have 7...i'm thinking i have a good chance of 3 of those putting up starter pts every week.

All due respect, have you ever played a bb league? WR5 and RB5 get used, a lot. An injury here, a bye week there (or double), and all of a sudden you are best 2 of 3. With 4, you're taking the only two guys going. There is no picking up Christian Ponder for a spot start, or grabbing James Jones to get you through 2-3 weeks of Greg Jenning's ankle injury. Depth is hugh in bb format. 18 spots also isn't a lot for a bb league. Think of how many different players you cycle through in a typical season. Last year in my auction league I cycled through 43 total players throughout the year. Admittedly a few of those were just gold-digging in an auction keeper format, but many were legit stabs at spot starts.

I've never done one with such small rosters, how have you done those? I ended up not taking backup K or DEF in this one because I expect that the few points per week I'll lose aren't worth the tradeoff of getting this year's Torrey Smith vs. Rams explosion.

Lol, I will retract my previous statement because I just picked a 2nd DEF with the same bye week as my 1st one. :bash: That's what I get for preselecting & not paying attention.

lol, I had to go and look at my team to make sure I didn't make this same mistake :nerd:

I took 2 of each but understand why you'd want to used the spots on more position players. Let's face it, we're all going to miss on a number of our picks, especially towards the end. So, if by taking an extra WR and RB, you extend your odds of getting one worth using, that could save your ass big time and be worth far more than the pts you'll forfeit one week when your D or K has a bye.

I can't fault a guy for only having 1 defense and 1 kicker. It may or may not work out for them.

BUT I don't know how you only have 1 defense and 1 kicker AND only have 4 RBs. Where's the tradeoff? 8 WRs and 3 TEs?

Yep. You only need to start 1 RB which is what I'm planning on essentially. I chose to build depth for my strength at WR/TE vs. build depth for my weakest spot. I'm essentially planning on Foster or Tate all year then using all my flex for WR/TE. I know what I'm doing. Question is: Will it lead to a championship? We'll find out in January.

That is correct. What I meant to convey is that I only care about having 1 good RB. But basically, I knew the rules and understand the risk of only carrying 4 RBs. RB is clearly the weakest segment of my team and I'm ok with that.

You could be alright with four in a 8-team best ball league that starts two if you got 3 studs, but IDK man. Foster, Murray, Tate, and Wilson. That means if Foster is healthy, Tate is virtually useless, and your 2nd RB is always gonna be Murray (who is injury prone) or Wilson (who is a handcuff right now). And when HOU goes on bye you are starting Murray and Wilson no matter what, that's assuming both of them are healthy and Wilson carves out some PT. Riskeeeeey strategy, I probably wouldn't have drafted an EIGHT receiver before my fifth RB...and you still didn't grab a 2nd K or 2nd D -- I thought you were loved best ball format?

DMD - I don't think the 8 team league is setup properly in regards to our starting lineups. The league bylaws states "Total Starters: 10". However, the "Starting Lineup Setup" only shows 4 starters. Also, under the gameday live scoring option, it shows me with only 4 "starters". I understand the best ball format doesn't officially label starters until all games are complete, but I'm thinking the lineup requirements could be incorrect.