[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Message Board Leagues

DMD

I think I fixed it but will check back on Sunday

Looks like the 10 and 12 team leagues are now setup correctly, but the starting lineup for the 8 team league is still wrong.

This is what you have:

Starting Lineup SetupTotal Starters: 10Number of Starting QBs: 1Number of Starting RB+WR+TEs: 1Number of Starting PKs: 1Number of Starting Defs: 1

This is what you should have:

Starting Lineup SetupTotal Starters: 10Number of Starting QBs: 1Number of Starting RBs: 2Number of Starting WRs: 3Number of Starting TEs: 1Number of Starting PKs: 1Number of Starting Defs: 1

Edited by smithkt

Looks like the 10 and 12 team leagues are now setup correctly, but the starting lineup for the 8 team league is still wrong.

This is what you have:

Starting Lineup SetupTotal Starters: 10Number of Starting QBs: 1Number of Starting RB+WR+TEs: 1Number of Starting PKs: 1Number of Starting Defs: 1

This is what you should have:

Starting Lineup SetupTotal Starters: 10Number of Starting QBs: 1Number of Starting RBs: 2-3Number of Starting WRs: 3-4Number of Starting TEs: 1-2Number of Starting PKs: 1Number of Starting Defs: 1

Fixed to account for flex. And you're right, it still appears to be wrong on the 8 man league.

interesting :thinking:

BTW, I'm glad to see that my decision to only hold 1 kicker was in fact good strategy and not a rookie mistake. I figure I can make it up elsewhere, when most kickers only score within a point a game of one another... It could maybe be more then that in a best-ball with 2, but not enough for me to not stock up with better value elsewhere.

BTW, I'm glad to see that my decision to only hold 1 kicker was in fact good strategy and not a rookie mistake. I figure I can make it up elsewhere, when most kickers only score within a point a game of one another... It could maybe be more then that in a best-ball with 2, but not enough for me to not stock up with better value elsewhere.

unless he pulls a Nate Kaeding..

Its also total points not head to head

Per DMD...

8 teams using WCOFF scoring.

18 rounds starting QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex-PK-DEF (but was changed to 20 rounds based on public demand)

BEST BALL FORMAT (draft team and then MFL determines highest scorers - no waivers, no starts)

But From MFL Site...

Total Starters: 10

Number of Starting QBs: 1

Number of Starting RBs: 2

Number of Starting WRs: 3

Number of Starting TEs: 1

Number of Starting PKs: 1

Number of Starting Defs: 1

Should be...

Number of Starting RBs: 2-3

Number of Starting WRs: 3-4

Number of Starting TEs: 1-2

Edited by MikesVikes

Per DMD...

8 teams using WCOFF scoring.

18 rounds starting QB-2RB-3WR-TE-Flex-PK-DEF (but was changed to 20 rounds based on public demand)

BEST BALL FORMAT (draft team and then MFL determines highest scorers - no waivers, no starts)

But From MFL Site...

Number of Starting RBs: 2

Number of Starting WRs: 3

Number of Starting TEs: 1

Should be...

Number of Starting RBs: 2-3

Number of Starting WRs: 3-4

Number of Starting TEs: 1-2

Right. Still not fixed. 4th time's a charm :shades:

don't you have to wait till after the season to rule it a victory?

For the first time ever, I went with 1 PK. After that blunder of picking Bishop, I was forced to pick a bye week PK or a bye week CB/S. Kind of a no-brainer. Hope that +/-10pts doesn't bite me in the ass.

For the first time ever, I went with 1 PK. After that blunder of picking Bishop, I was forced to pick a bye week PK or a bye week CB/S. Kind of a no-brainer. Hope that +/-10pts doesn't bite me in the ass.

you know Bishop is a LB not a CB/S?

:unsure:

unless he pulls a Nate Kaeding..

Its also total points not head to head

Maybe I should have said not-completely stupid strategy.

Good info on it being total points, but isn't that even more reason why only taking 1 kicker might not be a bad strategy?

That means I don't have to worry about a kicker losing me a week, I just need my other players to make up for the points I lose at the end of season. Again, if kickers normally only score within a point of another over the course of the season, then I'm not sure that a combo of 2 kickers is going to make more than a 2-3 PPG difference (unless like you said, he pulls a Nate Kaeding, but it was a calculated gamble for more potentially valuable players on roster)